oneBoro Forum

The Ashes Series Thread

I think finn was ***ing horrible. Worst bowler on the pitch from either side. I would play Bresnan.

I was very disapointed with Englands batting and some of cooks decisions. The test was close because of those 2 things, not because Australia are any better than I thought they were.

Cook, next time Australia are 9 fer DON'T stop bowling anderson and give the ball to finn. Its just stupid to assume it will be an easy wicket.

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone going to the Durham test? I'll be there on the Sunday.

Me and my Dad have tickets for the Friday (day 1). North East stand I believe.

Tried to get tickets for the test at Durham as i haven't been to that ground but was unable to when i tried as it had sold out. However i managed to get to the 3rd test at Old Trafford on the Friday. I'm also away for the whole of the 2nd test so happy days.

Bring in Bressy lad for Finn in the next test. Where not gonna produce wickets to aid Finn.

trust me chaps, its even better living in Australia and getting over the aussies in the cricket...or any sport for that matter!

the Oz media hate "The Poms" with a passion and get stuck in any opportunity they get

As an Englishman living in Australia it was great seeing the sour grapes the following day after the first test about the review system and stuart broad.

As an Englishman living in Australia it was great seeing the sour grapes the following day after the first test about the review system and stuart broad.

A reversal of "whinging poms" seems to apply.

The DRS system did not fail in fact it proved to be accurate.

I would not mind betting in view of the Broard issue that they might consider a third review instead of the 2 currently

[align=justify]

Surely the point of only having 2 reviews is so you use them very carefully though DS?

Not if you are michael j clarke. The man who will do anything to feel important. Like when he declared at 9/250 in the first innings in india. So much for "you must take 20 wickets to win a test match":D [/align]

Surely the point of only having 2 reviews is so you use them very carefully though DS?

I do agree with you TG 2 is enough and it is clear Australia did not use their referrals wisely all I mentioned was maybe a third review might be considerd though I doubt it.

The DRS is there to stop howlers which due to missuse did not stop howlers ie Broards dismissal or lack thereof

However from what we saw I think this will be a brilliant Ashes series

Well Episode 2 of this enthralling series is soon upon us I know the England squad stays the same though unsure if Australia have made any changes.

Kick off 1100hrs Thursday 18th July

Venue...........Lords

Have a feeling that this test match will not go to the fifth day and a overall better batting performance from England

I think Englands batting could only get better. They made sloppy mistakes in the first game, wont happen again. I think australias batsmen did about what I expected bar maybe cowan, who is usually good for 30 odd.

Cook,Root and Trott didn't have the greatest of batting performances so I expect these 3 in particular to improve! Also KP has been out of the international game for a while but seemed to jump straight back into it, I still think there is room for improvement from him though :)