• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

He is an odd bowler imo. He often bowls lots of tight spells for 1 or no wickets, but sometimes just rampages and grabs 2 or 3 in a session, but goes for runs. He is all over the place.

Very ordinary from England.

Back to Watson. He bowls consecutive maidens as most are well outside off and are left. His element of surprise is bowling something the batsman needs to play.

Seems to be the case 12-2 Broard both wickets

Aussies living dangerously nearly a third wicket but not given on DRS because England did not appeal for lbw

3rd wicket for Stewie Clarke gone 49=3 now

Good start by England 3 early wickets and a lead of 16 for Australia need to keep the lead below 30

Lead of 20 one more wicket to go

Aussies all out with a lead of 32 we need to level the scores without losing any wickets

Not a good start for England defecit wiped off but really 16-2

Cook cheaply and Root cheaply

Need the south Africans to rescue England now otherwise a real chance of losing this game.

I know Root had a good innings last test match but can he be relied upon to constantly get a decent score just does not quite fit the bill atm.

And as I write this we lose our third wicket Trott out.........we are in real trouble

To be fair to Root in this innings by all accounts he got an unplayable delivery. I think it's becoming more and more clear that England should have left him at 6 for the time being, but they've burned that bridge, they can either stick with him or drop him. Dropping him down is an admission of defeat for the selectors. I think he will be a top top opener, so I think sticking with him now would be more beneficial, similar to how they stuck with Cook in 2010.

In the here and now, I can only see and Aussie win, they've had the upper hand in this Test. England are a better team than this, and yet they keep failing with the bat.

Also, what's happened to Trott recently? In the past few years you could be confident of him steadying the ship coming in at 17-1. Now he seems to get in, go at a run a ball and get out, not what England need at all. Maybe he took a lot of the slow run rate criticism to heart. Frankly, we need him blocking in these situations instead of getting out to wafts outside off.