oneBoro Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Downsouth

The Ashes Series Thread

As much as I want England to do well (Mainly because I'm training with quite a few Aussies tonight) I can't bring myself to support Pietersen and Trott, much rather Australia take a couple of quick wickets and then its back to England Vs Australia.

As much as I want England to do well (Mainly because I'm training with quite a few Aussies tonight) I can't bring myself to support Pietersen and Trott, much rather Australia take a couple of quick wickets and then its back to England Vs Australia.

You forgot prior.:D

If they're wearing an England shirt and representing my country, I'll be supporting them all the way.

98 for 2 honours even I would say.

Big partnership from KP and JT for the rest of the day to put England firmly in the driving seat

My take on everything.

Austrailia are very poor at the moment, but aren't quite as bad as many seem to suggest. England are very strong, but, again, over-rated for where they actually are in terms of ability and mentality. But England will walk this series. Could be a routine 5-0, but there's always a strong chance that the weather will have some sort of effect, or perhaps that there's one sneaky anomaly result. Worst case scenario (from an English point of view) the Aussies win one. Also, KP is very talented, but a massive liability.

Anyway, solid start.

KP is out. Flaccid.

England just can't get a partnership going. They need a tripple figure stand.

i told you KP would hit much, most overated batsman i have ever seen

^

He has raw ability, but alone that's often not enough. So often I'm ultimately left disappointed by his contribution.

Not great so far now, as it stands. But I still have a lot of confidence in an England win in this first test. We'll tear them apart when we bowl, so an average ish first innings with the bat would be ok. Still, 124-4 - must be calm and not let the wheels fall off. A collapse from here and I might reconsider.. :S

Made it on to the skysports ashes website :D any one spot me?

If we can make it to 200 without loss we'll have turned the corner. Aussies won't like batting on this wicket with the ball moving every which way