oneBoro Forum

Boro Takeover Talk

This article has emerged on the Web this morning > http://www.elconfidencial.com/deportes/futbol/2013/07/19/peter-lim-y-jorge-mendes-socios-de-gil-marin-cerca-de-comprar-el-middlesborough-125264/

Translated (badly) by google translate:

Peter Lim and Jorge Mendes are inseparable 'collaborating' with Atletico Madrid and could be decisive in the arrival of a player for the Cholo Simeone. The Singapore entrepreneur wants to control and manage a football team. Do not just its presence in Atletico. Want more, and I think he has found in England. And the millionaire who aspires to preside over Atletico is negotiating the purchase of Middlesborough, a team that is far from past glories and English II walks in the call Football League Championship.

The idea is the pairing of Lim and Mendes is clear, and that is to be done with the rights of a second-tier team and try the assault on the Premier, perfect competition to give value to the players they have in the pipeline and power move to other teams in the islands and even to other countries. Peter Kenyon, Mendes partner in any society and significant presence at Atletico, has been the key person in this movement for his mastery of the Premier, because of his years in Manchester United and Chelsea.

Steve Gibson is the current owner of the England team. His fortune, achieved through transport of dangerous substances, reaches 165 million pounds, according to the Sunday Times is a*** the 400 richest people in the islands. The poor performance and the repeated absence of the Premier seems to have been the trigger to study the possible sale of the club. The operation could be around 60 million pounds.

The pairing of Lim and his advisor Middlesbrough Mendes believes may be the perfect springboard to market to young players and even the ideal setting for others who can not find accommodation and, with its passage through the English football, to regain their previous value. In fact, in recent weeks, some of discards Atletico have been close Middlesbrough should terminate, including the unclassifiable Pizzi, one of the most expensive players Atletico last five years and has had a chance in the first team mattress.

Can anyone shed any light?

What is everyone's thoughts?

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the only way i could feel comfortable about this is if say Gibbo sells 50% of the club. It would give us the cash boost we desperately need and leaves Gibbo with a say on how the club is run to make sure we don't end up in the depths of League 2.

but jorge mendes? that guy is a parasite, a plague on modern football. 5 of monacos new players are at the club thanks to his greed, not the sort of person you want anywhere near a football club.

I was just going to post this =\ There are always exceptions to the rule that foreign investment destroys clubs ala pompey.

Hopefully if this happens we will be one of those exceptions although i really can't see gibbo wanting to sell to anyone that doesn't have the same love and hopes and dreams for the club that he does.

I would think if its true it would be a way for him to get over the fact we dont allow third party ownership of players

But whatever ill stick with gibbo

I doubt Steve Gibson would ever let it happen. He rejected signing a quality manager as he didn't want the club to lose it's identity, I doubt he'd ever sell up to a money fuelled parasite like Jorge Mendes. He's barking up the wrong tree.

If that's the case Bally, i really hope that Gibbo would only sell to someone that he felt was good for the club, fans and town. I dont think that this Mendes chap is that person.

But he probably hasnt got a queue of prospective buyers...