• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

One if the most ludicrous things I've heard in a long time. What people don't seem to grasp is that, once ffp comes in, it wont matter who owns the club, we wont be able to pump money in, it will be based solely on what we earn plus the maximum owner allowence which gibbo is already putting in....

One if the most ludicrous things I've heard in a long time. What people don't seem to grasp is that, once ffp comes in, it wont matter who owns the club, we wont be able to pump money in, it will be based solely on what we earn plus the maximum owner allowence which gibbo is already putting in....

Aye but look at Watford... They're signing all these Udinese / Grenada players for nominal fees, and who knows? Maybe their 'old' clubs are covering decent percentages of their wages, too - and all well within the 'laws' of the game. Owners with an interest in 2 or 3 clubs could simply move players around like pawn in a chess game in order to ensure each falls in-line with the new FFP rules.

There's many loopholes which need ironing out in the FFP...

Aye but look at Watford... They're signing all these Udinese / Grenada players for nominal fees, and who knows? Maybe their 'old' clubs are covering decent percentages of their wages, too - and all well within the 'laws' of the game. Owners with an interest in 2 or 3 clubs could simply move players around like pawn in a chess game in order to ensure each falls in-line with the new FFP rules.

There's many loopholes which need ironing out in the FFP...

I agree with you SB , Watford made 7 new signings today even though they are on a transfer embargo but these were ratified by the FA. They are playing the system yet again to their advantage.

May be this is the future for some Championship clubs, MFC certainly need to be creative with the FFP rules in play otherwise we could be left behind.

id have to disagree.

i think it would be the worst thing that could happen. You ask any Watford fans, when and where will their current 'Udinese B' approach end? there is only one answer where it ends.

I don't want to be any other clubs feeder team or B side.

Found my post from March this year

"Just thought I would throw this into the mix, slight sideline its pure rumour and maybe has been brought up before. My source is a Rep who supplies my company and MFC.

He has said today he was speaking to his customer at MFC and was talking in general about the state of affairs at the boro and more so lack of signings during Jan. Apparently Graham was never going to happen and we did make an enquiry but it is as far as it went. We all knew this anyway, but he says there is now a distant lack of interest from Gibson with regards to the club and its future. He lives in jersey for Tax reasons and was actively looking for a buyer last season; however, no one was willing to come up with an offer that he was willing to accept. He is trying to make the club more attractive to a buyer by trimming the debt. He was hoping by appointing Mowbray, a club hero, it would draw in the crowds and that mixed with PL promotion interest would be generated, but with that look unlikely, he is looking at alternative options, maybe be prepared to let the club go for less than he wants. The company "mfc" is in limbo until that time with Gibbo not willing to throw good money after bad. Apparently, at one point he was underpinning the boro by the tune of £1 mill a year to avoid us going into administration from his own pocket"

AR as vector has said its fairly easy to get round the ffp if you own the players. Say this guy buys the club. And owns for arguments sake rooney. So rooney signs for us for free. But as the club is owned by the guy that owned rooney then he still owns rooney. In a yrs time the club sell rooney for 30 million so the club now have a plus bank balance for the yr of 30 million which they can spend on wages Ffp skirted

Depending on which way you read it the whole thing is still very interesting either way and I still get back to the fact that eventually changes have and will be made.

For example should SG be suddenly not around who would be in charge of the club?

Does anyone know this at all?

This isn't like Watford as Peter lim doesn't own another club to loan players between. We are creating links abroad to bring in talent and as mendes has shown he has good players on his books. We would only be a stepping stone until we were hopefully successful. If there is some truth in it Gibson would do what's right for the club first and foremost but there may be some exciting opportunity here