• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Craig Harrison would turn into a quality left-back when he first broke into the team. I think Kinder came back from injury and he ended getting sold to Palace after struggling to get back into the side.

Did pretty well down there as well until he broke his leg I believe.

Downing or Johnson? Are you mad? They both play in the prem league. One plays for one of the biggest names in world football (albeit presently a bit of sleeping giant)

The other till recently played for the 2012 league champions.

Hardly an epic failure, and both are certainly doing better than they would be if they were still here....

Can I get a lol if I suggest andy Campbell

johnson plays for a team that finished 17th and most of the sunderland fans think he is useless and downing until recently was about to be shown the door at liverpool

wouldnt consider either of them much of a success tbh considering the potential they had at us

Johnny Franks, Andrew Taylor and Andy Davies

I would say Taylor and Davies have had/are having decent careers although neither turned out as good as we initially thought. Franks never had it for me.

Theres some great names I'd forgotten Chris Freestone and Richard Liburd does arthuro bernhadt count. Saw him in a few reserve games and looked class.

If we count signings then Keith O'Neill's signing had me jumping for joy.

Maccarone. I remember seeing his goal for Italy under 21's against England on channel 5(I think) and heard the hype the commentators gave him with the comparisons of Cristian Vieri. So when we signed him I thought we had one of the best young strikers in the world who was destined to be a star; I'd already planned his career path of how we'd get 2(maximum 3) seasons out of him banging the goals in before we sold him on to Man Utd for £20+ million. Ohhh how wrong I was.

Them goals in the Uefa Cup run were worth every last penny of his £8.15 million fee though!.

Aye agree with many that've been mentioned on here... Especially the youngsters. Ormerod, Campbell, Freestone, Harrison, Stockdale, Gavin. Add to that list marinelli and Arthuro Bernhardt.

K9 - I remember that game; Steve Baker was just unplayable that night! McManaman was getting so frustrated not getting past him that he ended up just trying to go to ground whenever Baker came near him!

Then there's the injury prone ones... Keith O'Neil & Malcolm Christie spring to mind. Loved both as players, just a shame they couldn't get more game time.

And let's not forget to strange times of Ricardinho... and Fabio!

wheater having shown a few matches of eye-catching performance dropped his form in the SAME season and never hit that level again

during then he was so good that i thought i couldnt miss woody who was behind wheater in the pecking order performance-wise