oneBoro Forum

The cliché 'game of two halves' could have been made for this. Thought first half was a good game and gave me hope. We should have been further ahead but for Jukes shooting (twice??) and Emnes not being able to pull the trigger when he had done some great work.

They came out late after the break - leaving us waiting around and I can imagine Pearson giving them a raosting for being slow to the ball first half. Second half though Leicester came out with intent and could have had more - they took Woods off and put on Nugent - enough said in some respects.

I thought when Parnaby went off it would have been natural to put Varga there but that didn't seem to happen. Williams looked lost when he came on - no replay of the cameo against Burnley last year.

Some Positives:

Emnes looked good;

Williams looks better than last year;

Whitehead looks solid;

Showed we can actually play decent football.

Some Negatives:

Fell apart second half and made bad defensive errors;

No real plan B - after the first sub re Haroun we fell apart;

Carayol looked poor and ran into trouble - did not play to his strengths;

Not enough ball in box;

No real alternatives on the bench - our squad is too light.

Felt for Mogga - no one wants it more than him, he is Boro through and through. I saw Pearson shake all the Boro players hands as they went off at full time - maybe he is eyeing his chance of the job and managing a club where he will be popular. Think the fans should get off Moggas back for the moment - the game felt like a kick in the balls, but was not a disaster. We need a creative MF and a striker - Gibson should provide decent CB cover.

This is in no way a defence of Mowbray because I didn't see the game. But, Pearson's not the answer. He's had all that cash at leicester yet never got them promoted. Wasn't the greatest as Robson's no. 2 at ours

At the moment I'm behind Mogga, love the guys from the mid 80's era etc - his hands are clearly tied financially, but that does not negate some of the schoolboy stuff tactically. That said, my point was more an observation of Pearson - never really seen an opposition manager shake the hands of all our players as they went off - maybe I don't look hard enough.

• Replies 788
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have watched the highlights and read most of the reports from around and on here.

Seems a game of two halves and we fell apart in the second.

Not being prolific in front of goal cost us again though and I believe Carayol had a shocker. Maybe the transfer talk has messed with his head?

Does Woodgate (fair play to him that he played) get an assist for the first Leicester goal? Second was a cracking finish but RW looked slow.

The main thing that struck me above everything was Mowbray's body language in the post match interview. Almost as if he was saying "I really don't want to be here any more".

I don't remember seeing him this negative and there's a few examples to choose from last season.

Hopefully we'll give Accrington a good hiding tomorrow night.

I am one of the TM biggest Fan and yet I have constantly called for him to go.

However after some of the comments on here and the phone in on Tees, i'm astonished by the amount of people, who for whatever reason do not comment on any thread during the summer months then as soon as the game kicks off cannot wait to stick the knife in.

TM hasn't played only one game, and all this give him 10 games and see where we are going etc, he had an entire season last year and was plain to see we are heading in the wrong direction.

However i'm not going to call for TM head, mainly because it is early and I would like to give the guy the benefit of the doubt, let see who he brings in and see if he has the mangerment skills required to see he made mistakes and has learnt from them this season.

Yesterday, was yet again another blip, apparently we haven't won the first game of the season in the league, so that's ok then?

You can have the best youth academy in the world, but at the end of the day you can dress a toddy up but you still have a toddy, the youth in my opinion is not good enough for this level yet, and I agree with TM. Why do people assume if you have the best academy your gonna get a messi? No your not, you will get the best of a bad lot,with maybe one or two shining stars,,,,,Downing etc.

So, i'm going to eat my words, swallow my pride and back TM to get it right, and not even question the hero that is Gibson...For me he is untouchable.

I previously predicted Mowbray would go, whether last season or this season.

Nothing has changed my mind.

He has to be judged after 20 games not just one.

Question remains whether the players have confidence in Mowbray and that has not been answered.

I am one of the TM biggest Fan and yet I have constantly called for him to go.

However after some of the comments on here and the phone in on Tees, i'm astonished by the amount of people, who for whatever reason do not comment on any thread during the summer months then as soon as the game kicks off cannot wait to stick the knife in.

TM hasn't played only one game, and all this give him 10 games and see where we are going etc, he had an entire season last year and was plain to see we are heading in the wrong direction.

However i'm not going to call for TM head, mainly because it is early and I would like to give the guy the benefit of the doubt, let see who he brings in and see if he has the mangerment skills required to see he made mistakes and has learnt from them this season.

Yesterday, was yet again another blip, apparently we haven't won the first game of the season in the league, so that's ok then?

You can have the best youth academy in the world, but at the end of the day you can dress a toddy up but you still have a toddy, the youth in my opinion is not good enough for this level yet, and I agree with TM. Why do people assume if you have the best academy your gonna get a messi? No your not, you will get the best of a bad lot,with maybe one or two shining stars,,,,,Downing etc.

So, i'm going to eat my words, swallow my pride and back TM to get it right, and not even question the hero that is Gibson...For me he is untouchable.

I previously predicted Mowbray would go, whether last season or this season.

Nothing has changed my mind.

He has to be judged after 20 games not just one.

Question remains whether the players have confidence in Mowbray and that has not been answered.

I am of a similar opinion, I cant see him being here come the end of the season.

I do feel 20 games is too many though, he has presided over 3 wins from 22(?) games, a similar run like that from the next 20 games doesnt bear thinking about. To be honest, if this run continues, I cant see him being here past September once the crowds start dwindling again

While I see your pov, fresh season you have to wipe the slate clean.

I also predicted thompson didn't want to be here :)

Sometimes you just cant forget the shambles of what went on previously, I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking that wiping the slate clean is going to take more than a new season, especially as after saturdays performance...nothing seems to have changed

While I see your pov, fresh season you have to wipe the slate clean.

I also predicted thompson didn't want to be here :)

Sometimes you just cant forget the shambles of what went on previously, I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking that wiping the slate clean is going to take more than a new season, especially as after saturdays performance...nothing seems to have changed

yeah it seems like someone just hit pause on the dvd edited a few bits and then resumed it by hitting play. some of the characters have changed but the plot hasn't :s