Date – Tuesday 6th August 2013

Kick off – 19:45 PM[/align]

2c1788b7_l.png

[align=center]Middlesbrough

Middlesbrough 1 - 2 Leicester City

Accrington Stanley

Newport County 4 - 1 Accrington Stanley[/align]

294b3f55_l.png

Both teams didn't get off to the greatest start in their respective campaign. Stanley opened up their League 2 campaign by facing football league newcomers Newport County, needless to say it didn't go very well for them as they ended up getting destroyed 4-1 by the Welsh team. Newport were 4-0 up at one point before a Webber goal got a little bit of pride back for Stanley. Not the greatest of starts for Stanley's new manager James Beattie (yes, THAT James Beattie.) Meanwhile Boro started their campaign at home against Leicester, our form continued from last year and although we had a strong first half our second half could only be compared to the titanic.

0891a83d_l.png

Although we lost against Leicester and our horrible run continues, we have a tendency to lose the first game of the season so I'm not that worried really (yet). Accrington have made a much worse start to us in their campaign so I think this will be a comfortable victory, even if it is Middlesbrough we're talking about, surely we can't lose to Accrington? Hopefully a nice 3-0 win will help comfort the lads and give them confidence not to play like a pack of morons. A win of a large scale could really improve confidence and calm down some of the fans, maybe even put a smile on the face of Prowler if in in fact that is possible and he is not indeed as many suspect, a very angry robot built to be pessimistic and shout at people.

This is my first ever match thread and I know it's not the greatest but really who wants to do a match thread for a game like this? Providing we win, my next one will be much better and I'll spend much more time on it than I did for this. So be gentle pls <:3

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Very posh looking thread Weasel...nice graphics.

Good first effort, but as you pointed out, if you get to do any more, a bit more detail wouldn't go amiss. Or failing that, some humorous comments. ;)

Some of the older members may remember this classic...

[video=youtube]

Anyway, assuming Boro (and Mowbray) treat this like a pre-season game, we should win this fairly comfortably.

Despite our disappointing display today, I'll go with a 3-0 win (for Boro...just in case it wasn't clear).