oneBoro Forum

Boro v Accrington Stanley (CUP)

@raf smog

Why was this issue not sorted out earlier? If he knew the problem why not fix it in pre season so that we could gel the squad and get off to a flyer rather than the skeletons of last season showing their faces already???

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't think of any stevey - we probably couldn't afford a buy out clause (or not a big one anyway) so who could we could attract with a good track record and experience etc.

GGHG - why do you think i keep picking Juke in the predictions thread :P

Also some of the people on this phone in are making me cringe

"Jason Steele is terrible, conceded 2 on saturday and another tonight"

and special mention goes to the gentleman that phoned in to complain that woody didn't play then absolute *** himself when he was informed that his dad had died.

tbf Steele was to blame for at least the first goal imo on saturday, personally I dont think he's what everyone on here cracks him up to be, just IMHO though.

I'm more laughing at the fact they he's being blamed for tonights goals but didn't play?

on paper the players are more than good enough to compete, its the management that is the problem imo

10 years ago since we won this, what a depressing thought

p.s; this new bloke on bbc tees is an absolute idiot

Silver linings are, we signed Adomah today.

We are looking at 2 strikers, a combination from the following: Sharp, Maynard, McCormack and Vaz Te. We need those players and the club and Mogga know it.

Those strikers mentioned are all genuine quality at this level.

This might be the shock that kicks Bausor, Mowbray and whoever else into getting more of the quality players we need signed

I think we have bought really well in this window so far.

August 6th and our threadbare squad has saved itself 3-4 extra unnecessary extra games.

Finally, it might have embarrassed the players enough to give them a kick up the ***

I can't be bothered looking through the previous threads as that game has made me too depressed. We play alright from the half way line to their penalty box for a fair amount of the game, but could not apply any meaningful finish. And the set piece problem is cropping up almost immediately! Unless we sign a centre back soon I fear for this season.

@gladgarethhasgone

I don't know what goes on with transfers in and out and negotiations but look back over last 2 months of posts its not as if the club hasn't been trying (I hope) but as people have said on here I don't think a transfer is that simple when you need to be prudent with money. Before tonights game it was well done club for transfer and showing intent now its all Mogga out not the man for the job. I admit I am struggling to keep defending him but I am a realist and not going to be put off because we couldn't finish our dinner , which we are trying to rectify (rumours have it)