oneBoro Forum

Boro v Accrington Stanley (CUP)

I'd play a few fringe players who have something to prove, rest all of those that are injury prone [as best possible], leave out the wantaways, stick to our most likely regular formation this season, give our front three another opportunity to gel, and also put out a few of the first teamers that could perhaps do with a confidence boost.

----------------- Steele ----------------

-- Richardson - Rhys - Gibson - Halliday --

----------- Varga - Smallwood -----------

---------------- Ledesma ---------------

-------- Emnes ----------- Muzzy -------

--------------- Jutkiewicz ---------------

+ Leutwiler, Friend, Whitehead, Leadbitter, L.Williams, Reach & Main.

Kind of a lose-lose game. Either we win - which should be expected - and nobody thinks much of it. Or we lose, we all panic and confidence hits a new low.

I would not, however, risk dropping Steele. Leutwiler might need a chance to prove himself, and Steele might want away, but I think the cons outweigh the pros when considering the damage a defeat in this fixture could do.

3-1.

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

The days when Boro could take this cup lightly and do loads of changes are over Mogga needs to gell this team together.

So I am expecting virtually the same team that played yesterday they obviously need more time together to get some kind of understanding.

Juke needs to hit the back of the net soon and what better game than this one.

I think the chances of the same team as saturday playing are ultra slim at best. As much as I want to see the same team gel together and show a bit of consistency, I think we will see the usual 4/5 changes to start this seasons player merry go round

That looks a good team 2plus2. I would like us to play 4231, and let Lesesma have a go as an attacking midfielder. -at least until we have signed someone else, like Vitor. (Fingers crossed)

As much as i would like us to play with two sitting midfielders, like in the 4231 formation, i cant see it happen. It wasnt until Di Matteo came in for WBA they started playing with two, and stopped leaking goals. Mogga just dont seem to favour it.

Smallwood always plays much better as a 1. It almost seems that someone else playing with him gets in his way. If he plays half as well as he did at Rotherham he ought to make our management team think hard before they leave him out again

hope to see fringe players who didnt play in the last match given a run out.

we should win this but probably with a nervous end to the game.

i will take boro to lead 2-0 before conceeding a late goal and withstanding a nervous end.

2-1

I'd quite like to see Leutwiler given a run in the League cup always done well when he has stepped in and like Mogga says he needs to be playing so might as well play him in the cup games. Also I can see Friend playing as he needs more playing time to catch up on pre-season plus like others have said would be good to play some fringe players.

Team i'd like to see

----------------Leutwiler---------------

--Richardson--Williams--Gibson--Friend--

--Ledesma--Varga--Smallwood--Reach--

-------Jutkiewicz---------Emnes--------

Subs: Steele, Hoyte, Halliday, Haroun, Williams, Carayol, Leadbitter,

3-1 Boro.

5-0 to the Boro with a Marv hat-rick , Jukey and Muzzy the others

We lost against a solid , experienced team on saturday and whilst we were crap in the second half I think there were some half decent signs in the first half

Stay positive