• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

A victory last night, and we'd all be waiting patiently for Adomah to sign on the dotted line, with an optimistic view towards the weekend and convinced that Leicester was just a small hiccup.

But in typical Boro style, we lose and in turn, everyone goes crazy :P

Well, I missed the game, but read the report on the BBC website and couldn't believe what I was reading.

Stats as follows:

Possession %

Boro 63 - 37 Accrington

Shots (on target)

Boro 23(5) - 4(3) Accrington

Corners

Boro 14 - 3 Accrington

Fouls (bookings)

Boro 4(0) - 9(0) Accrington

According to the team sheet we only played 2 reserve / youth players in Leutwiler and Gibson...so we fielded a near full-strength side, as well as having a pretty decent subs bench.

Jutkiewicz opened the scoring inside the first 10 minutes, so we SHOULD have gone on to win comfortably. But apparently we just did the same old, same old and let Accrington back into the game, equalising 5 minutes from half time and getting the winner with 9 minutes left.

Sorry, but thats just unacceptable against a team that lost their previous game 4-1 against League 2 new boys Newport.

We got less than 22% of our shots on target, while Accrington managed 75%. We managed to win more than 4 times as many corners as they did but couldn't capitalise on any of them.

I've read Mowbray going on about needing to strengthen our striking options, but from what we witnessed last season, he would do well to try making better use of the players he's got, instead of trying to use them as makeshift wingers, or playing them out wide where they can't get near goal.

Hopefully if the signing of Albert Adomah comes off, we will see less of that.

On the MFC website they have Jutkiewicz, Emnes, Carayol, Ledesma and Main listed as strikers...all of whom have seen a decent amount of first team action...so why does he need more?

On top of that they have up and coming youngsters Luke Williams and Charlie Wyke. Why not use this season to give them some more first team exposure and see if they have what it takes?

I've said it before and I'll say it again - its not lack of striking options that is our biggest problem, its lack of organisation and discipline throughout the team in defence and joined-up thinking in attack. Signing another striker will not solve all our problems.

If our strikers' shooting is so poor, make them practice more...against a keeper and defenders, rather than just whacking balls at the goal, so they learn to score under pressure.

A victory last night, and we'd all be waiting patiently for Adomah to sign on the dotted line, with an optimistic view towards the weekend and convinced that Leicester was just a small hiccup.

But in typical Boro style, we lose and in turn, everyone goes crazy :P

A few of us maybe, but I think many of us would wait for a run of good results (maybe a small unbeaten run) before getting too cock-a-hoop.

Beating a League 2 side at home in a Cup match is nothing to get carried away about.

The fact we lost...and in such familiar fashion is the reason so many of us are up in arms.