oneBoro Forum

dev team in holland

There is an excellent post on the official site by the way about the round up of the dev team's progress and activities in Holland.

Reading that article makes me wonder: Does Middlesbrough have a football philosophy/style that runs from the youth teams up? The same way teams like Swansea apparently do?

Progress of dev team in Holland

The Academy does have its core values built in the way that Middlesbrough FC like to play, however only recently have the 1st team managers/coaches began to input on a uniformed style. Most from age of U15 play a form of the 4-3-3 system more often than not. Which ideally the first team would like to play more often than not. It's I'd fair to say TM's style of play reflects the way that you would want your youngsters to play. Strachan's I'm not to sure anyone would coach their kids to play his way.

That's interesting and good to hear. Definitely looks like the way forward these days and not have managers come in like Di Canio and wanting to buy a whole new team. More importantly, I think it will make it easier for young players to make the transition into the senior team. After all, we are putting in at least £2.5M in accordance to the EPPP.