oneBoro Forum

[align=center]Middlesbrough V Blackpool

Battle Of The North East Coast V The North West Coast[/align]

Introduction

Lads. We won a game. Three points on the board, we were away! How on earth are we going to follow that up? Probably by losing, but hey, let's be positive and pretend we're not pessimists for once!

Head-To-Head

Basically we've played them 59 times and we've won 25 times.

At home we've played them 30 times and won 19, so we're basically gonna win lads. Easy!

Food for Thought

nachos1.jpg

I'm eating some nachos as I write this, so here are some just to make you drool a little bit.

The Enemy according to Urban Dictionary

This is a quote from UD about our enemy for the day, "Blackpool, a seaside town, located in England, obviously. It's known for a Giant Rusty Cock (Blackpool Tower) in the centre, people are generally stunned at this and must enter for whatever reason."

So it seems our opponents worship a giant phallus.

NB: No offence intended, this is a tongue-in-cheek representation of Blackpool from UrbanDictionary, I've heard it's actually quite a nice place and has loads of stuff to do, asides from entering a big phallus.

NBB: This was kind of only meant for Boro-Unger, due to his addiction to all things phallus related. :D xx

My Notsoexpert Analysis

• The match will last around 90 minutes.
  • There will be two halves of around 45 minutes
  • Someone might score a goal
  • Someone might get a yellow card
  • A team might win
  • The teams might draw
  • The referee will blow his whistle at least 4 times
  • Middlesbrough will field 11 players

Questions For You

Score prediction please?

Starting XI?

Thoughts on our opponents?

Favourite song by Bruce Springsteen?

Favourite shade of orange?

Keep checking back, will add more Blackpool jokes throughout the week. Something to do with donkeys and sucking rock hard things.

So it appears Tom Ince is suspended and Blackpool only have 15 players. Does anyone fancy a game?

Apparently the only reason Paul Ince took over at Blackpool is to make sure Tom's back from training in time for dinner and to do his homework.

While we are on about music with Springsteen, I don't know why all these rappers always go on about the "west coast".

I've been to Blackpool and it was a *** hole.

The Game is Tomorrow!

So remember...

GET BEHIND THE BORO

AND GET UP OFF YOUR FEET

GET BEHIND THE BORO

TO THE MOWBRAY BEAT.

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

When is the game?

First time I have had to scroll sideways to be able to read the introduction!

Boro need a win at home thats for sure and a decent crowd who are SUPPORTIVE and get behind the boys.

Score prediction please?

2:0 boro

Starting XI?

Steele

Friend, woody, Williams, Richardson

Varga, whitehead, leadbitter

Carayol, Jutkiewicz,Adomah

Thoughts on our opponents?

Good team, no Tom ince though

Favourite song by Bruce Springsteen?

Born in the USA

Favourite shade of orange?

Essex slag

NB: No offence intended, this is a tongue-in-cheek representation of Blackpool from UrbanDictionary, I've heard it's actually quite a nice place and has loads of stuff to do, asides from entering a big phallus.

NBB: This was kind of only meant for Boro-Unger, due to his addiction to all things phallus related. :D xx

haha, the willys were brought back due to overwhelming public demands! not due to my having an obsession with all things aubergine!

Score prediction please? 3-1 Boro.

Starting XI? - Same as today hopefully.

Thoughts on our opponents? They all have part time jobs down the beach, hiring Ishmael and Lee Miller out for children to have rides on.

Favourite song by Bruce Springsteen? ooh, tough one. got to be dancing in the dark i think! closely followed by radio nowhere.

Favourite shade of orange? Dale Winton

am i right in thinking that incey wincey spider jr is banned for this game?? great news if so!

also, lovely as your picture is, it may need resizing :p

That's top draw BDS. Then LukeR, 'essex slag'. Brilliant haha. May be off to this. First game of the season so will be looking forward to it. Same team as today, you don't change a winning side although Tony will find something to change (this is if we have no injuries). Score prediction: 3-0 Boro.

haha, the willys were brought back due to overwhelming public demands! not due to my having an obsession with all things aubergine!

Score prediction please? 3-1 Boro.

Starting XI? - Same as today hopefully.

Thoughts on our opponents? They all have part time jobs down the beach, hiring Ishmael and Lee Miller out for children to have rides on.

Favourite song by Bruce Springsteen? ooh, tough one. got to be dancing in the dark i think! closely followed by radio nowhere.

Favourite shade of orange? Dale Winton

am i right in thinking that incey wincey spider jr is banned for this game?? great news if so!

also, lovely as your picture is, it may need resizing :p

I lifted it off the internet, so not sure how to do that :( might just have to find another one, of a penis or something.

That's top draw BDS. Then LukeR, 'essex slag'. Brilliant haha. May be off to this. First game of the season so will be looking forward to it. Same team as today, you don't change a winning side although Tony will find something to change (this is if we have no injuries). Score prediction: 3-0 Boro.

Surely we can rest Leadbitter? No free kicks and blocked shots or bad corners and more attack minded??:D

Blackpool will be without Ince and thingy majig.

So....

Score: 2-0

Team: Same again

Thoughts: They're very orange.

Springsteen: Born To Run, DITD, Jungleland, BITUSA

Colour: Tropicana Orange and Mango.

Score prediction please? 1 nil will be grand, if not relaxing.

Starting XI? Same as versus The Ad***s but with 2 new signings on the bench please Gibbo.

Thoughts on our opponents? Glad Ince is banned.

Favourite song by Bruce Springsteen? "I'm On Fire" (Lukey Jukey re-mix).

Favourite shade of orange? Jason.

Score prediction please? A close win for us, 1-0 or 2-1 I reckon

Starting XI? Same as today

Thoughts on our opponents? Seem pretty average nowadays and will be without Ince.

Favourite song by Bruce Springsteen? Do not have one :)

Favourite shade of orange? Salamander Orange