oneBoro Forum

Did anyone notice yesterday a bit more of an intent to try and play out from the back?, several occasions especially in the first half, Leutwiler was very reluctant to kick, preferring to throw it to Richardson, Williams, Woodgate, Friend, Whitehead.

Personally I hope we try to do it more often this season.

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Lots of possession but we never even looked like scoring till Marv got lucky. The team Mogga played is the team I'd play away from home but lacks creativity when we should be on the front foot. The other thing that worries me is both defending and attacking set plays, it looks as if we rarely practice either.

Lots of possession but we never even looked like scoring till Marv got lucky. The team Mogga played is the team I'd play away from home but lacks creativity when we should be on the front foot. The other thing that worries me is both defending and attacking set plays, it looks as if we rarely practice either.

Not sure I'd go with the never looked like scoring but we certainly made hard work of it. Once Albert started to "work" in the second half they were under the cosh.

Defending set pieces is our "bete-noir". We are not good at it. We really could do with a player like Huddersfield's Peter Clark(e?). Seb is probably the best we've got but he's currently injured

Attacking wise is a lot simpler to solve. We have to have someone else to blame other than Grant. Can we not mix and match the takers of our free-kicks and corners? I love some of the play and qualities that he brings to our team but shooting and dead ball situations are not the qualities that I love

For there corners we had all 11 players in the box which in turn invites pressure. I would have like to see one of Emnes/muzzy/Adomah stay just inside our half. With their pace it would worry defenders forcing at least 2 possibly 3 to stay back. Also with no outlet if we do clear the corner it just comes straight back into the box.

Exactly, if we leave muzzy on the halfway line it'll take 3 men to mark him because of his speed, and if the keeper collects the ball all he has to do is kick the ball into the space behind the defenders and carayol is through on goal

The highlight of the game for me attacking wise was where Emnes picked up the ball just before the half way line and drove with the ball at Blackpool's defence and then slid an inch perfect pass for Amomah who was just tackled before he could get a shot at goal. It would have been a great goal if it went in. I'd love to see more of Emnes in that central role with Adomah and Carayol either side of him.