oneBoro Forum

Downing to West Ham

Gutted that Downing has signed for West Ham. :dodgy:

One of the best players I've seen in a Boro shirt (started watching in the 90's), and one of my favourites has signed for a club I cannot abide. It's a sad day for football...£5m is an absolute bargain for a player of his quality IMO.

Wish him the best of luck though and hope he gets an England recall playing for a team that finishes in the bottom three!

Have always liked Stewy passionate player, hates to lose always gives his all.

I remember when Fabio Capello first took over as England manager he named Stewy as the thing he's been most impressed with.

Massively talented player Massively underrated

Good luck SD

Good luck to Downing, he was on a hiding to nothing at Liverpool after a slow start. Their fans are desperate to try and catch Man Utd, Chelsea etc and are not patient with their players.

He is a bargain at that price but there wasn't many takers due to his £80k a week wages and on a 4 year deal that is some commitment by the Hammers.

I really hope he turns it on just to show the Liverpool fans who didn't appreciate his talent.

Best of luck to him, think with a good run of games in his preferred position getting crosses into carroll he will absolutely destroy this league and i can see west ham finishing in at least the top half

The sad thing is that had we gone up this season, it could have been us buying him for that kind of money. A bargain if you ask me! He's always been fit and able bodied so there is no reason why he can't continue to play at a high level for many years to come.

There seems to be a lot of anti West Ham posters on this forum. Is there a historical reason for that, or just personal preference? Although I can't stand Fat Sam, I've nothing against West Ham, I much prefer them to Millwall, Chelsea and Tottenham.

I just wondered.

PS i,m really bored today.

There seems to be a lot of anti West Ham posters on this forum. Is there a historical reason for that, or just personal preference? Although I can't stand Fat Sam, I've nothing against West Ham, I much prefer them to Millwall, Chelsea and Tottenham.

I just wondered.

PS i,m really bored today.

dont like london teams especially ones that do something worse than the boro and dont get points took of them :@

I hate everything about West Ham. Their stupid name, their stupid ground, their stupid accent, their stupid superiority complex, their stupid kit, their stupid 'we won the world cup' attitude, their stupid fans, their stupid mentality, their stupid 'romanticised History', their stupid hooligan element, their stupid 'we are a big club' ethos...

They are like a southern Newcastle. But worse.

Not sure why I don't like them...

I saw a comment on twitter naming him the guy who scored less goals than Tim Howard 2 years ago, had a little chuckle but was obviously harsh!!

Good Luck to the lad, how he does well and knocks on the door of next years World Cup squad.