oneBoro Forum

Football Manager 2014

Gonna give this Boro game with the new database a go now, just loading it up. I'm thinking I'll probably sell Tomlin and bring in another forward and CM and go with 442 with wingers.

Haha. Just started with that link you gave me aphex, for some reason we have a 4mil transfer budget! Suits me :D

Agreed fee for Jelle Vossen at 19mil? FFS...

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gonna give this Boro game with the new database a go now, just loading it up. I'm thinking I'll probably sell Tomlin and bring in another forward and CM and go with 442 with wingers.

Haha. Just started with that link you gave me aphex, for some reason we have a 4mil transfer budget! Suits me :D

Agreed fee for Jelle Vossen at 19mil? FFS...

Where did you get the update from NB4?

I've been toying with the idea of doing something like what you're doing, taking an absolutely tiny team and building an empire. What kind of ratings are decent at that level? 6s and 7s, or what? aha

Where did you get teh database from too?

Yeah it is good fun frustrating if you get it wrong, but rewarding if you do it right. I'm using my team as a stepping stone club, I'm using them to get myself into the pro game. However you can I suppose take them to the top.

Yeah you either have a player with pretty much 6/7's across the board or a player with extremes like 10+ pace and acceleration etc.

I think I got it off either FM-base or one similar, it will be under the addon section :)

can anyone give me advice on how to improve defence, playing as southampton with a 4-2-3-1. My four defenders and the keeper are all 4* players, really cant understand why I concede so many goals, all the training is focused on defending too

can anyone give me advice on how to improve defence, playing as southampton with a 4-2-3-1. My four defenders and the keeper are all 4* players, really cant understand why I concede so many goals, all the training is focused on defending too

Try playing with a more defensive minded CM, and if your fullbacks are pushing on a lot you become very weak at the back

I've been toying with the idea of doing something like what you're doing, taking an absolutely tiny team and building an empire. What kind of ratings are decent at that level? 6s and 7s, or what? aha

Where did you get teh database from too?

Yeah it is good fun frustrating if you get it wrong, but rewarding if you do it right. I'm using my team as a stepping stone club, I'm using them to get myself into the pro game. However you can I suppose take them to the top.

Yeah you either have a player with pretty much 6/7's across the board or a player with extremes like 10+ pace and acceleration etc.

I think I got it off either FM-base or one similar, it will be under the addon section :)

Did you bother with building a back room etc? Or is there little difference you found between the available staff.

Get a decent chief scout, with good judging of PA and CA. Then you can actually scout players that are good enough, my first attempt my scout was awful so he recommend 5 star players that turned out to be 2-3! And a physio with good stats for physio.

Other than a decent scout and physio, I didn't seek to build a back room team. Also a handy tip get player/coaches in they don't count toward the amount of coaches you have. (I think).

I'm into my 3rd season and I have the foundations of a backroom staff.

What are your roles set to? :)

• 2 weeks later...

After a few weeks of not playing, I'll pick up where I left off. A quick recap.

I'm into my 3rd season in game and with Wootton Blue Cross, we have risen from tier 11 to 9 (for this coming season). Finishing 2nd in my first season, to 1st in my second. We have gone from an amateur to a semi-pro club.

So going into the Combined Counties Premier(tier 9), we have been made joint favourites for promotion. The squad is looking very well balanced, the only short term problem is my lack of midfield depth. I have a basic backroom staff set up, which unless people leave won't need adding to until next season or beyond.

I'm about to start the competitive season after going through pre-season unbeaten. I'll update when I have finished this season (sometime next week).