• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maybe that's because for some reason leadbitter has a rating of 19/20 for corners lol

Also, anyone else finding it hard to keep clean sheets? doesn't matter what i try my teams conceding 3 or 4 each game with good defenders.

Early days for me so far - only a few games into the season itself - but second in the league and hardly conceding any goals, playing as Boro. Rhys wants off to a bigger team, Rubin Kazan has just offered £6m for him but I'd already shored up my defence with... um... Titus Bramble. Do I get banned from the forum for doing that?

The Juke is scoring goals for fun, and Adomah and Kamara are battling it out for the right wing spot.

Maybe that's because for some reason leadbitter has a rating of 19/20 for corners lol

Also, anyone else finding it hard to keep clean sheets? doesn't matter what i try my teams conceding 3 or 4 each game with good defenders.

Yeah, i'm conceding loads, mainly from crosses, Leadboots is terrible on the game so i sold him.

And sacked! Lost 6-4 to Yeovil. 5-3 to Barnsley and comfortably seated in the league 22nd.

I really don't like the new Tactics area. I really miss the sliders as I feel this is way too much Plug'n'Play.

To be fair, one of the biggest bug-bears I had about previous FM is that it was too hard to enjoy it because of the annoyingly long time it takes to set everything up.

I think they have tried to go back to the user-friendly days of Championship Manager when you could play two seasons in a night.

I got sacked and managed to get the boro job (somehow) went back to basics and played 5 at the back and not conceding a lot at all, now if only the club wasn't full of youngsters and hardly any experienced heads, oh and if only i had some funds to buy some players. :'(

I think the tactics thing is just for the Beta, i would have thought they'd add more than that.

as for my game i think the formations to play is this:

--------GK----------

FB----CB---CB---FB

---------DM---------

---CM--CM--CM

-------ST---ST

The ball always seems to fall to the DM who starts off attacks from there, something i've noticed in the game engine.

anyone else ever quit a club over a contract?

I was on 4800 a week at boro with various bonuses for staying up promotion and such like.

my new contract was for 3200 with no bonuses and every time i tried negotiating i would be told he was losing patience and put it back to 3200, i know it's only a game and i can't do anything with the money but i walked out of negotiations haha.

Interestingly enough your contract matters for once this year because it goes towards your confidence under 'job status'. For example, I'm coming to a close in my first season with Boro now so the Job Status part is really low because they know they can terminate my contract for next to nothing if they want to.

Currently 14th with Boro atm, I'm surprised to see you guys aren't doing so well, you all seemed really good on FM13 based on the updates I read at the time.

If it helps any, so far I'm going with a 4-3-3 formation, with two of the forward three in the attacking winger position (sometimes using the inside forward role if it's Carayol).

Sold Emnes and Whitehead (both to Swansea, oddly) after Rhys had gone. Got Lingard on loan (so far, not amazing), picked up Bramble on a free and just snagged Mensah on as free for a bit of extra depth in defence. Also signed Arthuro and Joseph-Desire Job for back-up strikers! Job I took on trial for sentiment and then he scored in all the friendlies. Costs only £700 in wages so figured what the heck and he put Emnes out of the side.

First choice side would be:

Steele

Hoyte Woodgate Bramble/Gibson Friend

Varga Butterfield Leadbetter

Adomah/Kamara Reach/Halliday

Jutkewicz

Far from perfect - the left-wing spot is weak and the back-up to Juke isn't confidence inspiring, but it's working so far. Would've been happy to sell Leadbetter if a bid had come in, would have given youth team players his spot but nothing doing, so sent the kids out on loan. Not spotted any cheap wonderkids yet, but will report if I do!