oneBoro Forum

Fifa 14 Trailer

Being someone who only plays career mode, it's terrible. Not just for the point's Aarfy makes but also this new scouting system thats meant to make it more realistic is just a massive pain in the ***. It could of worked well with just a few tweaks aswell. As for the gameplay, i'm not sure if it's because i'm so used to previous Fifas and my inability to adapt is ruining my experience or if it really is just amazingly flawed and slow and awful.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Aarfy they have patched the heading and finesse shots, as you say they were stupidly effective.

The lobbed through balls are annoying, but if you can play the game they are certainly defend-able and pace is no where near as much of a factor this year.

I'm towards the end of my 2nd season with Boro now on career mode, and I've slowly warmed to it.

At first I couldn't score, couldn't defend and didn't like the whole feel of the game. But you definitely get used to it.

Aarfy they have patched the heading and finesse shots, as you say they were stupidly effective.

The lobbed through balls are annoying, but if you can play the game they are certainly defend-able and pace is no where near as much of a factor this year.

The heading has been toned down but is still very easy to score from a cross. The defending AI does not cover the position well and it takes no effort to score a header.

I would argue that pace isn't a major factor this year but strength is.

Literally one of the worst games i have ever played. I'm feeling like trading it in but i don't know. Will i regret it in a few months if i do?

I'd stick with it. You mentioned the scouting market, I didn't like it at first, but when you discover a little gem that you've never heard of, it's quite rewarding. Rather than just searching for young players with 90+ sprint speed like previous years.

I found a young Brazilian CAM who cost less than £1mil, and after one season in the champ he's now worth £3mil and rated 75.

• 2 weeks later...

Am currently pretty addicted to Ultimate Team mode this year. Decided from the start that I was gonna pick one country and use only players from there. Went for Brazil in the end and this is my current starting line up and squad -

---------------Julio Cesar---------------

Rafael----Luisao-------Dante----Marcelo

----------Sandro----Hernanes----------

Hulk-----------Oscar-----------Bernard

------------Diego Costa----------------

Cassio

Alex Sandro

Leandro Salino

Rever

Lucio

Lucas Leiva

Fernando

Renato Augusto

Pato

Fred

The problem is getting the really good players. I've got a few first teamers in there, but the likes of Thiago Silva, Neymar, Dani Alves are completely out of reach. Has anyone ever got to the point where they could spend 400k on one player!?

Nope, I haven't neverbefore and I only know 2 people who have. One got ribery in he first week of FIFA13 and sold him for a fortune and then traded well. The other was also a good trader and managed to get an inform higiuan and in form Silva in packs... The most I've ever had iin cash is 80k :( and I'd be damned if spent it all at once!

Am currently pretty addicted to Ultimate Team mode this year. Decided from the start that I was gonna pick one country and use only players from there. Went for Brazil in the end and this is my current starting line up and squad -

Cassio

Alex Sandro

Leandro Salino

Rever

Lucio

Lucas Leiva

Fernando

Renato Augusto

Pato

Fred

The problem is getting the really good players. I've got a few first teamers in there, but the likes of Thiago Silva, Neymar, Dani Alves are completely out of reach. Has anyone ever got to the point where they could spend 400k on one player!?

I've spent 140k on one player. Robin van Persie. Thiago Silva is only 35k now. Neymar is a fortune. Dani Alves is expensive for a fullback who never defends.

Cassio

Alex Sandro

Leandro Salino

Rever

Lucio

Lucas Leiva

Fernando

Renato Augusto

Pato

Fred

I somehow pulled Neymar in one of my free packs... :cool:

Built a mega cheap squad around him and needless to say, he's unreal. Single handedly wins me games.

You know what Mags?

**** you.

Also, i really hope Diego Costa doesn't suddenly switch to being a Spanish player now that he's chosen Spain as his international side. I spent about 14k on him!

Haha, could not believe my luck!

Yeah he is, but I've only got Rafael who's 77! Just stinks up my team having someone less than 80 in the starting lineup :P

Danilo for Porto is good supposedly but Maicon is rare 79 and cheap. The right back is always a problem for Brazil. Costa will be a Brazilian on Fifa till Fifa 15 anyway. Pato is good as well if you dislike him.

You know what Mags?

**** you.

Also, i really hope Diego Costa doesn't suddenly switch to being a Spanish player now that he's chosen Spain as his international side. I spent about 14k on him!

Haha, could not believe my luck!

So lucky. I was over the moon when I pulled Downing out of a pack... ;)