oneBoro Forum

Loan Window

Not a fan of using the loan windows to fill key positions, you only have the players for 93 days and then come January you're left right back where you were.

The loan window should be used for exactly what it is, emergency loans. Say one of our defender got crocked, loan a defender etc...

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a fan of using the loan windows to fill key positions, you only have the players for 93 days and then come January you're left right back where you were.

The loan window should be used for exactly what it is, emergency loans. Say one of our defender got crocked, loan a defender etc...

Well it's only a matter of time before Williams or Woodgate get injured so Ayala would be an emergency substitute and on that sense an emergency loan.

One thing i would like to say is the african cup of nations. We could potentially lose adomah, carayol, kamara and hoyte. That would leave us extremely short on the wings.

Hoytes Trinidad aint he? So wont matter too much, also think he will vbe second choice to Richardson anyway once fit. Losing the other 3 could be a nightmare though, presently thats 3/4 of our forward options

Agree with this, although i would love Becchio at the club, he has already said he wants to stay and fight for his place at Norwich, will he be interested?

What difference does it make? If we sign them at the right time, they'll only miss three games and then January rolls round and a deal to loan them until the end if the season is arranged. No big deal.

The thing I'm most impressed about is managing to get Butterfield silent. I know everyone knew we were looking at him but no-one reporting that Butterfield left Norwich to go to a club which is fantastic. You know how desperate some clubs can be on deadline day. A forward thinking player is just what we need.

The other thing now is that any other additions are a bonus. I believe we've signed some solid players who will hopefully do something for us. Both with something to prove and want to get to the Premier League. Let's face it, they are bound to have promotion clauses in their contract.

If we manage to get Ayala/Wheater in for defensive cover (in saying that, I don't think either would like to be on subs bench) and Beechio up front, I can safely say that Middlesbrough have surprised me big time. Never would I have thought/said/imagined/dreamt of those sorts of players coming here and I really do think we could push on this season as we have a great core.

Up the Boro!

What difference does it make? If we sign them at the right time, they'll only miss three games and then January rolls round and a deal to loan them until the end if the season is arranged. No big deal.

Or, you know, someone else ends up wanting them or the parent team thinks they've done well enough for them to play for them.

TBF, I dont think Ayala and Becchio would be "key players" I think its much better to get them before the injurys kick in, because if we wait for the injury, then we're in a more desperate situation, and the chances are, the replacements would be of poorer quality.