oneBoro Forum

v Bolton u 21

If you think our lot are depressives then try Bolton for a gloom and doom night out. We're rubbish this season, Zak Knight is captain there's something gone on there !!, Knight gives away a goal a game at least and who's going to score.

Paul Ince was down as the 4th official !!

The referee and linesman were greeted with "the circus left town a fortnight since" and "have you got a red pea in that whistle" at half time. One linesman gave a throw in when the ball was still on the field of play and the ref gave a foul against Luke W when the defender slipped over next to him. Lets say they were not of the highest quality.

If you want a nuts and bolts report see the Boro web site or Boltons. However 2 scored penalties and two hit woodworks one for each side makes a draw look the correct result.

Undoubtedly the Boro were streets ahead in the possession stakes and completely dominated the game for quite long periods and their late effort might well have been rewarded with a winner.

Boros pretty passing football is all very well but it is too slow to catch the opposition out of position. I appreciate its technical excellence but its not exciting, is it ?

So who played out of their skin ? This is a very short list, Melling

Who was absolute rubbish? An even shorter list, no one.

So the rest go into the adequate list and were technically sound, or better.

However we have Leutwiler, Gibson, Smallwood and L Williams ( at least) who have been on the bench already this season. I would expect them to show as a class above. Am I unreasonable in that view?

Well don't ask me Pears, Parnaby and Venus were in the stands in addition to the pitch side team.

on a final note David Atkinson and Charlie Wyke played their first games for some time. Well done lads

but as a ps one of the Bolton stewards had noticed Wyke whilst they were shooting in and had also noticed he hadn't missed one !

If you think our lot are depressives then try Bolton for a gloom and doom night out. We're rubbish this season, Zak Knight is captain there's something gone on there !!, Knight gives away a goal a game at least and who's going to score.

Paul Ince was down as the 4th official !!

The referee and linesman were greeted with "the circus left town a fortnight since" and "have you got a red pea in that whistle" at half time. One linesman gave a throw in when the ball was still on the field of play and the ref gave a foul against Luke W when the defender slipped over next to him. Lets say they were not of the highest quality.

If you want a nuts and bolts report see the Boro web site or Boltons. However 2 scored penalties and two hit woodworks one for each side makes a draw look the correct result.

Undoubtedly the Boro were streets ahead in the possession stakes and completely dominated the game for quite long periods and their late effort might well have been rewarded with a winner.

Boros pretty passing football is all very well but it is too slow to catch the opposition out of position. I appreciate its technical excellence but its not exciting, is it ?

So who played out of their skin ? This is a very short list, Melling

Who was absolute rubbish? An even shorter list, no one.

So the rest go into the adequate list and were technically sound, or better.

However we have Leutwiler, Gibson, Smallwood and L Williams ( at least) who have been on the bench already this season. I would expect them to show as a class above. Am I unreasonable in that view?

Well don't ask me Pears, Parnaby and Venus were in the stands in addition to the pitch side team.

on a final note David Atkinson and Charlie Wyke played their first games for some time. Well done lads

but as a ps one of the Bolton stewards had noticed Wyke whilst they were shooting in and had also noticed he hadn't missed one !

Fair summary of the night that.

thank you Shaun

I notice the Boro report picked Gibson as the MoM. Fair enough , he did score the penalty but he was under some pressure from their younger version of Kevin Davies, Tom Eaves, for most of the game. Now I'll grant you he was much taller as well as broader then Ben but I didn't think he played him that well, particularly in the first half.

Melling however seemed to be largely in control of his winger who was then hitting the ball in early to avoid his defensive intervention. Going forward he offered a real attacking threat. It was almost the case that he seemed to be playing for his place as well as the team. He seemed to play left wing as well as full back at times and how he managed to head the ball instead of his foot taller opponent was interesting to watch.

I did wonder if one or two were happy with playing there and it was towards the end of the second period before they got their collective act together.

A quid to get in, free parking and only half an hour down the motorway to a good stadium. I was very happy with the "package"