oneBoro Forum

Crowd Attendances if we got promoted

The many people I know who don't go anymore it's purely down to us not being in the PL and laugh at when they hear who we're playing each week and it's nothing to do with money so I think them type of "fans" make up a large percentage. But I understand that some genuinely can't go because it's too expensive.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

dont know how people can just stop supporting the team just because we arnt doing well, know a few people that dont go since we got relegated but say they would go back if we got promoted, very loyal

if were playing the top 4, newcastle or sunderland i expect that at least another few thousand will be away supporters sitting in the home end

If we get promoted this year, I can't see us playing Sunderland next season :P

I think the heady days of getting 30-35k every game might be a thing of the past.

Having said that, I could see 5 or 6 games selling out at home every season... Sunderland, Newcastle, Man U, city, Chelsea, ***nal....why not?

The rest, I would guesstimate at 22-26k

I think that if people want to go, they'll find the money, all this talk of people not being able to afford tickets is slightly misleading, a lot could afford it when we were in the premier league. The sad fact is, a lot of people are only interested in the premiership, it's ridiculous, but true. We are victims of our recent, past successes.

Gibbo must be tearing his hair out with the apathy from supporters that surrounds the club these days!

Personally I hate the premiership and what it's done to "English" football, it's a huge money making machine, sponsored by Murdoch's Sky, a company with low morals, only interested in it's own profit and quite happy to chew up clubs and spit them out again, once they are no longer good enough for an egalitarian money making machine. The ridiculous takeover of our top league and it's subsequent separation from the leagues below it, is testimony to our times. Clubs will sell their soul to grab a branch of the money tree, the capitalists have taken our beautiful game and turned it into a money making charade, where the biggest prize is to finish in the top 4 so that books can be balanced and huge loans can be paid off.

Anyway, I reckon an average of about 27,000.

Pretty much agree with everything p_mards has said, think his attendances would be about right and I agree that a lot of people can afford it, it just isn't appealing enough for them. Loads of my mates don't go anymore, but they go Skiing and take trips to Australia, go out drinking every week, so they defo could afford it!! But they would go to wembely for the play-off final, or to a auto-promotion match. They are just not proper fans in my book.

Also the recession is a legitimate excuse for some, but others still manage to get out on a fri/sat night and manage to buy all their fags!

A lot of people have just got to a point where they had/wanted to make a saving somewhere, it seems not going to the match is usally the number one thing to cross off the list.

Except for promotion seasons I don't think that crowd attendances in the Championship, or old Div.2, have been much different than they are now. So I would expect level of support to increase to an average of 25k if we get into the Premiership, without any marque signings and maintain a position of relative safety from relegation.

what did we average in our last season in the Prem, wasn't it around 28k?

I think a lot of them fans are gone and just out of the habit of going now so will be extremely tough to get back. I know plenty of people that don't go anymore - a good few say they just do other things with their Saturday now because they're out of the football habit. Have a lot of mates who don't go purely because we're in the Championship.

I'd say 26k. Which is mental even thinking about getting 26k in every week now, I've got so used to basically having a row to myself and seeing all the empty seats that when somebody does come sit next to me (Chelsea home last season) I don't know wtf is going on :D Might have to buy two season tickets when we go up, I've got that used to leaning on the chair beside me :D

what did we average in our last season in the Prem, wasn't it around 28k?

I think a lot of them fans are gone and just out of the habit of going now so will be extremely tough to get back. I know plenty of people that don't go anymore - a good few say they just do other things with their Saturday now because they're out of the football habit. Have a lot of mates who don't go purely because we're in the Championship.

I'd say 26k. Which is mental even thinking about getting 26k in every week now, I've got so used to basically having a row to myself and seeing all the empty seats that when somebody does come sit next to me (Chelsea home last season) I don't know wtf is going on :D Might have to buy two season tickets when we go up, I've got that used to leaning on the chair beside me :D

Ever thought there's a reason people don't sit near you :P

Need to get rid of illegal pub broadcasting in Middlesbrough and surrounding areas. Population is to low for that sort of *** going on otherwise we will always miss thousands of potential fans attending the riverside