oneBoro Forum

Boro v Ipswich (A)

Simples... What will the final result be?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Simples... What will the final result be?

• A Mighty Boro win
    • A whimpering narrow victory more akin to what we're used to
    • A bore draw
    • Boro start well before running out of steam, Ipswich narrow win
    • Ipswich steamroller us, emphatic defeat to the tractor boys

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

I've gone for a mighty boro win. I'm feeling a 4-1 or 3-0 victory with morale having been boosted by new signings and fewer conflicting personalities. I'd like to see us play as a cohesive unit, playing fast and effective attacking football. I want to see us really utilise the pace in our squad with Butterfield picking killer passes to Kamara/Carayol/Adomah. I definitely want both Whitehead and Leadbitter playing. They played together a while back in their careers and both know each other really well. I'm hoping for a solid partnership from them in the middle of the park and for them to protect our defence.

If I could pick the team I'd love to see this lined up:

------------------------Steele------------------------

R'son----------Woody-----Williams---------Friend

----------Leadbitter--------------Whitehead------

-----------------------Butterfield---------------------

Adomah-------------------------------------Kamara

----------------------Jutkiewicz-----------------------

I picked Kamara over Carayol because I feel Carayol has been poor in our first few games. With Kei we don't lose any pace and we have an experienced head on the pitch. We will have more physicality too. Also off goal kicks, Steeley has more than one target to aim for.

I also feel that Butterfield needed a place because our central midfield has been lacking some creativity and I feel that Butterfield can offer that and that of the trio of Varga, Whitehead and Leadbitter, that Varga is the one who should sacrifice his place as he still needs time to adapt to the English game. Also his tenacity and stamina would be extremely helpful to close a game out, bringing him on for the last 20 minutes to harry the tired opposition into making a few mistakes.

Like I said I'm hoping for a 4-1 or a 3-0.

MY LOCAL GAME... On the short journey from naarwich for this match with the father and also bringing a Norwich fan along just to remind him of how lovely Norwich is compared to Ipswich!

Still remember that infamous 34 minutes!

Going for a 2-1 Boro win with juke to score Tue first and, dare I say, Emnes to get the winner!