oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Nottingham Forest (A)

2-2 I reckon. Would like to see the same 4-3-3 as yesterday, moving to a 4-4-2 if necessary later in the game to give juke some support.

-----------------Steele-------------

---Richardson--wills--woody--friend--

-Adomah--butterfield--leadbitter--carayol

-------------juke--kamara---------------

Could work

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Difficult to be positive - Forest have won all 5 games at home this season, including the Cup games, and only lost once all season in a narrow 2:1 defeat at Wigan. We have had two wins there in the last 40 years. My heart always hopes for the best for Boro, but even the most optimistic fan would be hard pushed to be positive on this. Maybe Mogga will shake it up and switch one of our silky CBs for a hard, no nonsense grafter. Play two strikers and put some fire in our players bellies.

All Incan see is our team getting a kicking - I think the heads of the team are down, so 4:0 Forest :(

This game can go either way, we can be thrashed when our moral and heads are down, or after the defeat at Ipswich, we can turn a corner and the players might really want to prove themselves I'm going for 3-2 boro

Have to agree with the above or hope that we pull off some kind of cup giant killing display.

However if we do get a kicking as some say I shudder to think of the ramifications that could follow the next game

All Managers know how to play Boro so maybe for once Mogga will throw caution to the wind and will be bold from the off with the most attacking team he has to choose from also have a feeling that Caroyal might not be available due to injury and maybe this game comes too soon for him

-----------------Steele-------------

---Richardson--Gibson--woody--friend--

-Adomah--butterfield--Whitehead--carayol

-------------juke--kamara---------------

I think its time to see what Gibson can do. Think were gonna need an agile defender to at least try and keep up with the swarm thats gonna be flying at us! Think Juke is the kind of striker that needs a partner and with Main out and Marv like a set of taps then i'd like to see Kamara given a smash. If Varga is fit id even be tempted to stick him in alongside Butterfield. Or Richie! Or give Mendi a call! Somebody in the middle just DO SOMETHING! If we dont start picking up significant points soon then I would be in favour of bringing back the 532 (Also including Mendi).

----------------------------steele------------------------------

richardson---------woody---------williams-------friend

----------leadbitter-------butterfield---smallwood----------

---adomah-----------------juke---------------halliday

1-0 boro :D

Play like you did in the opening 20 mins yesterday and you'll win.

However, play like you did for the other 70 yesterday and I fear you'll lose heavily.

Also, do you have anyone that can play just behind Jutkiewicz and feed him? He looked pretty sharp yesterday but was working with barely any service.

Shame. Decent team that reverts to playing as a bunch of individuals when the opposition exerts a bit of pressure. I think most teams in this league will have worked that out as well, so unless Mogga has a decent Plan B, you might have to take a few beatings now and then. [/u]

However, play like you did for the other 70 yesterday and I fear you'll lose heavily.

Also, do you have anyone that can play just behind Jutkiewicz and feed him? He looked pretty sharp yesterday but was working with barely any service.

Shame. Decent team that reverts to playing as a bunch of individuals when the opposition exerts a bit of pressure. I think most teams in this league will have worked that out as well, so unless Mogga has a decent Plan B, you might have to take a few beatings now and then. [/u]

Does this not speak volumes??? Opposition fans can see clearly the problems so am sure Managers will.

Unless plans do change then as much as I hate saying this then most fans will see Boro as a home banker for 3 points

I'll be at the City Ground on Tuesday, along with my bro, hoping for a good result.

Who knows , Forest might go Gung Ho, leaving space for our wingers to wreak havoc......oh hang on, am I still drunk from last night?!

Having previously lived in Nottingham, I'd really love us to win this one, but past experience points to a close defeat, or a draw at best.

We 'll probably be in the Vat & Fiddle , just down from the station, some time before the game, so if any OneBoro posters are in the vicinity, it would be nice to meet you.

Does this not speak volumes??? Opposition fans can see clearly the problems so am sure Managers will.

Unless plans do change then as much as I hate saying this then most fans will see Boro as a home banker for 3 points

Yeah, sorry to point out the obvious when you lot have probably been saying it for months.

I was amazed as well at your width when we equalized. Carayol and Adomah hugged the touchlines, yet didn't get anywhere near the number of crosses that Cressy and Anderson, who were narrower, did for us. It's notable that the spell when you looked really good in the first half coincided with Adomah tucking in a bit, so that he was closer to the two centre midfielders. It's also notable that Mick worked out the only source of your creativity in midfield was Leadboots and so put both Hyam and Tunnicliffe on him, resulting in him only being able to pass it backwards and drop deeper and deeper for the ball.

He was practically playing sweeper at times second half.

The LeftFooter, I went to Uni there many a year ago. A great city Nottingham, good night out and smart town centre. Prefer Notts County fans but its mad how close the two grounds are. Enjoy the game - suggest you get to the bar early to numb the pain haha