oneBoro Forum

so a bit blessing in disguise here, at least we could keep faith with mogga's ability in intentifying young talent. a few seasons later we will have a pretty strong squad under him. and just hope mogga could sort our the problem in cb soon.

apart from his workrate, p_mard, does you think he is a prolific striker?

He didn't have many real finishing opportunities apart from one where I think it was him he got a strike towards goal from a cross from our RB area which he got a good connection onto but fortunately Williams(I think) got a good block in. If I was a Bournemouth fan I'd be very excited about him as his pace and sharp turns are immense.

Agree with this, considering he's not supposed to be fit just yet, there's plenty of reason for the Bournemouth fans to get excited about him.

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

my take on yesterday

Steele 6 didn't have much to do apart from picking the ball out of the net

Richardson 7 apart from the handball played well though overhit a few crosses, getting better

Woodgate 7 unlucky with the own goal but still looks a class act, hope we keep him fit otherwise we'll need a paddle

Williams 7 took one for the team, pity as he & Woody were looking like forming a good understanding

Friend 6 gets forward well though sometimes needs to hold his position

Carayol 7 A quiet first half but ran them ragged in the 2nd until he ran out of steam

Leadbetter 5 worst game I've seen him have apart from the goal, kept getting caught in possession

Whitehead 6 steady away but played too deep, i wish he would try and pass to someone else instead of his mate Leadbetter

Adomah 6 didn't get involved as much as Carayol but cant fault his work ethic

Butterfield 8 my MOM good passer good movement very very promising

Kamara 8 ran the line well with some lovely touches and again works his socks off

Subs

Gibson 6 not sure if he touched it

Juke 7 linked up with Kamara well

My overiding feeling is that we missed a trick again, which again has to be down to Mogga, only playing 1 up front at home is shocking, when Juke came on their defence couldn't handle 2 big frontmen, cant argue with the pens and their 3rd had quite a bit of luck involved, I just think that if we had Juke & Kamara upfront from the start it would have been so different, I was surprised how well Bournemouth passed the ball and Recki caused us problems, would have taken the draw when 2 down, but to lead with 12 mins left and then stop what we were doing well and just sit deep inviting them to attack has got to be addressed ASAP

It's funny how people see games differently, the only 2 ratings is agree with are woody and kamara.

I'd swap the ratings and comments around between butterfield and Leadbitter. I also think Richardson was very poor and wasted a few very good balls into the box. Williams and woodgate are the defensive championship version of Gerard and lampard. Great individually but tosh together. Find it stupid how you can give a guy who scored and played well a lower rating than a lad who played 5 minutes without touching the ball

Oh and I was very impressed with kamara. Think he'll do a great job for us

It's funny how people see games differently, the only 2 ratings is agree with are woody and kamara.

I'd swap the ratings and comments around between butterfield and Leadbitter. I also think Richardson was very poor and wasted a few very good balls into the box. Williams and woodgate are the defensive championship version of Gerrard and lampard. Great individually but tosh together. Find it stupid how you can give a guy who scored and played well a lower rating than a lad who played 5 minutes without touching the ball

You'd swap Butterfield and leadbitter around? Were you not impressed by Butterfield? I agree that leadbitter was quite good, but he was rather wasteful in possession

I'd swap the ratings and comments around between butterfield and Leadbitter. I also think Richardson was very poor and wasted a few very good balls into the box. Williams and woodgate are the defensive championship version of Gerard and lampard. Great individually but tosh together. Find it stupid how you can give a guy who scored and played well a lower rating than a lad who played 5 minutes without touching the ball

You think Butterfield didn't have a good game?

I think everyone who went to the game and has given ratings universally named him their MOM, haven't they so far?

I dislike how Carayol shooting has just been brushed over. He had no right to shoot from where he did and was so, so lucky to score from it. Poor decision making just got lucky, in another game the defender could have controlled that shot and countered us.

:D:D:D

so far this season ive seen nothing to say that things are going to be different ,,, and we all need to remember that the only reason we didn't drop into the relegation fight the last two seasons is that we had two good starts ,,, so my bum is going already about this season .

You think Butterfield didn't have a good game?

I think everyone who went to the game and has given ratings universally named him their MOM, haven't they so far?

I'd have also given Butterfield man of the match. Head and shoulders above our other midfielders.

I'd give Leadbitter a 4/10 rating. 2 points for the fact that he has 2 legs to run on, 1 point for the fact that he ran around a lot and 1 point for his goal. Doing a few fancy flicks counts for nothing if you can't do the basics well and while Leadbitter is usually tidy, he was way off his game on Saturday. Of course if Mowbray gave him the tactical instructions to run around a lot then he did well. I concentrated on Leadbitter for the whole game after he gave the ball away cheaply for their first goal and I am almost 100% certain that he didn't win one single challenge, although he didn't exactly make many because once he got within a few yards of their players he just backed off and watched them.

After making the mistake for their first goal, I watched him scream at everyone else for the slightest of things while doing nothing right himself for most of the game.

I'm not usually a big fan of Leadbitter anyway but I thought he did well in the home game against Sheff Wed, but the performance against Bournemouth was one of the worst I've ever seen from anyone in a Boro shirt since Yakubu spat his dummy out all those years ago.

After a couple of days to digest the game i come to the following conclusions. Defensively we are one paced, lack leadership and a proper defender in the middle who will get stuck in and dig deep when the tough gets going. Richardson isn't the answer at right back surely!. Our wingers are far from being the finished article, rough diamonds maybe but i can understand why so many get frustrated. They certainly lack qulaity with the final ball. Don't know why Leadbitter plays the furthest forward of the 3 midfielders or why he takes set pieces. He put in the effort but doesn't compliment the others. Wasn't Butterfield brought in to play the attacking midfield role. Whitehead and butterfield are nice and tidy on the ball keep things ticking over but we didn't have anyone from central positions penetrating and making forward runs, it's just side to side and too slow. Kamara was isolated for much of the game, great in the air and will score goals and cause teams problems tho. Mogga is far too reactive than proactive. As soon as we went 3-2 up we sat back and invited them onto us and that is when he should have made some changes, gone 4-4-2 made us more compact, given Kamara more assistance but he leaves until we concede when its too late. Overall very disappointing result and until we find a leader we will continue to leak stupid goals.

Agree that Richardson doesn't seem to be the answer at right back... he hit numerous crosses beyond the back post on saturday and doesn't look partcularly threatening going forward... I've never been a fan of Hoyte (ask his mum!) but he looked good last season when he wasn't injured and is more of an attacking threat going forward... I'd at least look to play Hoyte at RB in home games.

I dislike how Carayol shooting has just been brushed over. He had no right to shoot from where he did and was so, so lucky to score from it. Poor decision making just got lucky, in another game the defender could have controlled that shot and countered us.

:D:D:D

Carayol was poor again on saturday... was very lucky with the goal and continues to give the ball away cheaply and run into dead ends... I will however say he looked better on the right in the second half with his crossing

One final thought... our demise since xmas and inceasing frailty in defence co-incided with the return of Rhys Williams from injury... not wanting to criticise Rhys who is a quality player but I have doubts about his ability as a CB... I think he lacks experience in the role his abilities would be much more suited to the midfield where he has more experience and excelled in the past.

If I was manager, I might be looking to bring in an experienced leader at CB now with a view to making the deal permanent in January and then look to reintroduce Williams into the midfield where he can give the back 4 some added protection, make those fantastic runs we never see him make any more and havea few of those exocet type shots we used to see from him (remember the goal a couple of seasons back where he flipped the ball in the air with the outside of his boot and volleyed in from 25 yards)