oneBoro Forum

It's funny how people see games differently, the only 2 ratings is agree with are woody and kamara.

I'd swap the ratings and comments around between butterfield and Leadbitter. I also think Richardson was very poor and wasted a few very good balls into the box. Williams and woodgate are the defensive championship version of Gerard and lampard. Great individually but tosh together. Find it stupid how you can give a guy who scored and played well a lower rating than a lad who played 5 minutes without touching the ball

Oh and I was very impressed with kamara. Think he'll do a great job for us

Agree that Richardson doesn't seem to be the answer at right back... he hit numerous crosses beyond the back post on saturday and doesn't look partcularly threatening going forward... I've never been a fan of Hoyte (ask his mum!) but he looked good last season when he wasn't injured and is more of an attacking threat going forward... I'd at least look to play Hoyte at RB in home games.

I dislike how Carayol shooting has just been brushed over. He had no right to shoot from where he did and was so, so lucky to score from it. Poor decision making just got lucky, in another game the defender could have controlled that shot and countered us.

:D:D:D

Carayol was poor again on saturday... was very lucky with the goal and continues to give the ball away cheaply and run into dead ends... I will however say he looked better on the right in the second half with his crossing

One final thought... our demise since xmas and inceasing frailty in defence co-incided with the return of Rhys Williams from injury... not wanting to criticise Rhys who is a quality player but I have doubts about his ability as a CB... I think he lacks experience in the role his abilities would be much more suited to the midfield where he has more experience and excelled in the past.

If I was manager, I might be looking to bring in an experienced leader at CB now with a view to making the deal permanent in January and then look to reintroduce Williams into the midfield where he can give the back 4 some added protection, make those fantastic runs we never see him make any more and havea few of those exocet type shots we used to see from him (remember the goal a couple of seasons back where he flipped the ball in the air with the outside of his boot and volleyed in from 25 yards)

Problem is, who do you drop from the current Midfield. Whitehead, Varga and Leadboots are already vying for the same sort of position that Williams would play in midfield.

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

I'm wasn't saying butterfield never had a good game.he was ok I suppose.not going to rave over him like everyone else just because he's a new signing. Other than pinching the ball for leadbitters goal I can really remember and he did worth noting. I have no doubt that when fit he will be a cracking player. As for Leadbitter well all I can say is 'haters guna hate'

What I didn't like on Saturday was Adomah being wasted on the left wing whilst Friend bombing forward all the time and pretty much being our LB and left winger with Adomah not getting as much of the ball as he should. Plus him and Carayol were on the wrong wings. The only reason I can see Mowbray doing that is that Adomah is a bit better tracking back than Carayol so should have given better cover to Friend. Plus the wingers weren't as wide as other games so that Kamara wasn't isolated as much as our central striker usually is. Mowbray is obviously searching for the right blend to get the attacking and defensive balance right.

Yeah I hate it when TM swaps our wingers and they go "goofy" never liked it, never will.

I don't like it but I can see why he did it, the Bournemouth left back looked particularly slow so he'll have put carayol (the faster of the two) down the right to exploit him

A few comments, well after the event I know.

Usually, I believe you get a better perspective of a game by actually being there.

This time, I admit highlights led me to revise my initial opinion that the penalties were unfair, albeit Williams challenge was more reckless than anything. The highlights also showed our two goals were fortuitous, but I knew that.

What the highlights did miss was what I thought was a blatant penalty for the Cherries in the second half, and also how Boro yet again sat back once they went in front. There was one corner where they seemed to have no idea what to do despite Kamara's dominance, it was played back and a couple of nothing passes led to an equally thoughtless cross that went straight out.

On the plus side, Kamara & Butterfield looked good.

The centre halves have been castigated, but I think we should also look at how poor both fullback's were in preventing crosses and defending generally.

UTB

UTB