oneBoro Forum
andrewparkes

Dicanio sacked

Didn't take long! Been there 6 months, 3 of which was a break I between the season!

An underperforming manager getting the sack...strange one that!

Sunderland are already relegated in my mind, 14 players signed and a whole backroom staff team brought in for Paolo, and they've sacked him after 5 games, too short a time to gel but the wrong appointment anyway. I dread to think how much Fuhrer Short has wasted on his regime up the road

Didn't take long! Been there 6 months, 3 of which was a break I between the season!

You say that as though Sunderland are some wonderful model to be followed...

The catalyst of his sacking is supposedly a training ground bust up yesterday morning lead by our very own Lee Cattermole who told the Italian that the squad had lost faith in him. - The Guardian.

I'm sure I'm in a minority here but I feel sorry for Di Canio.

From what I've read he didn't have much say in the players brought in, tried to change their fitness regime and the way they played but like most footballers today they spat their dummies out because they didn't want to do it.

His singling out of players for criticism was never a good thing but I believe he should have had more of a chance for his methods to work.

Sunderland knew what he was like when they employed him so they look very foolish to act as if they weren't expecting this.

And why doesn't it surprise me Cattermole was involved.

I guess thats what happens when you try to act like "The Special One" without having had his level of success. Apparently his managerial style was quite Mourinho-esque, in the sense that you either did things his way, or not at all.

Maybe it was too soon in his managerial career to take on a Premier League club. Lets face it, Roy Keane (after getting them promoted) and Steve Bruce didn't fare much better.

I think he was probably the wrong appointment to begin with, but it doesn't help when you've got a bunch of bolshy players who think they know better than the manager. Feel sorry for him to an extent in that respect.

Still think he could do a job for a Championship or League 1 club. Still plenty of time for him to make the step up 5-10 years down the road.

Nonperforming Manager or TEAM?? Personally I just dont think it is right that players can get away with what they do.

Regardless of how they feel about the boss they still should apply themselves 100% in every game and take some pride in the club that pays their salary.

Nonperforming Manager or TEAM?? Personally I just dont think it is right that players can get away with what they do.

Regardless of how they feel about the boss they still should apply themselves 100% in every game and take some pride in the club that pays their salary.

well said that man ,,, they got a manager with balls and didn't like it ,,, the tail really does wag the dog in football

Ditto this.