oneBoro Forum

So, how optimistic (or pessimistic) are we feeling about this one?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. So, how optimistic (or pessimistic) are we feeling about this one?

• Boro are steamrollered as QPR stroll to an emphatic victory
    • QPR pull off a narrow win after Boro put up a dogged fight
    • Game ends in a tie as Mowbray makes running repairs to our leaky defence
    • Boro sneak a narrow win
    • QPR fail to turn up and are duly thumped by Boro

[align=center]

QPRvsBoro_zps3db64d12.png

Date: Saturday, 28th September 2013

Venue: Loftus Road

K.O: 3:00pm

[/align]

TEAM NEWS

Marvin Emnes and Stuart Parnaby will be assessed for this game, after recovering from a groin strain and ankle injury respectively. Rhys Williams will miss the game after being sent off against Bournemouth, while Emmanuel Ledesma is also unavailable, serving the second of a 3-match ban for a red card against Nottingham Forest.

MATCH PREVIEW

Um...its not looking good, is it?

Boro have to travel to London, to visit the current league leaders, who are unbeaten this season. Managed by Harry "Del Boy" Redknapp and coached by former Boro boss Steve McLaren, Rangers doubtless view the Teessiders as little more than a stepping stone on their journey to an instant return to the Premier League.

Boro have not had too much trouble scoring lately, however their defence is leakier than a Julian Assange website, with only previous opponents Bournemouth having conceded more.

Rangers have not exactly been prolific goalscorers so far this season, but they boast the best defensive record in the league, with only 2 goals conceded in 8 games, so the visitors will have their work cut out for them.

[align=center]

SBCTable8Games_zpsa2a256d7.png

[/align]

HEAD TO HEAD

QPR at home

Played: 19

Won: 9

Drawn: 9

Lost: 1

Scored: 43

Conceded: 19

Boro at home

Played: 19

Won: 10

Drawn: 4

Lost: 5

Scored: 28

Conceded: 20

Last 6 Meetings

2010-11

Middlesbrough 0 - 3 QPR (Championship)

QPR 3 - 0 Middlesbrough (Championship)

2009-10

Middlesbrough 2 - 0 QPR (Championship)

QPR 1 - 5 Middlesbrough (Championship)

1997-98

QPR 5 - 0 Middlesbrough (Division One)

Middlesbrough 3 - 0 QPR (Division One)

ONES TO WATCH

QPR can boast a Premier League quality squad with forwards including Austin and Zamora, who will be supplied by the likes of Wright-Phillips, Phillips, Barton, Kranjcar and Jenas. Their defence includes Dunne, Traore, Assou-Ekotto and Young and they have former England keeper Rob Green between the sticks.

In short...I think we're screwed!!! :(

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Don't hold a lot of hope with this one, at best a dogged performance losing by the odd goal. On form we shouldn't be living with a side like this so on current form i fear the worst. This however is where Boro normally pull out a surprise, poor result last time out at home against a side we should be beating to the surprise performance of the week the nnext against a quality opponent. Not for me this time though, so either a 2-1 or 2-0 loss.

Going to this as well though not my favourite hauting ground as i was there one fateful night midweek when Dibble played a blinder.............NOT

I fear we may just get our worst defeat of the season here because they really do have the players to cause us real problems

Not too sure tbh as my son and I will catch a train into london and then a tube to White City and the only pub I know is the one near the ground which is obviously a home fans pub.mind you the chip shop is good there!

Honestly, I can't see us getting anything from this. Boro used to have this strange knack of getting results against sides they shouldn't, but I can't see it happening this time.

I'm thinking 3-0 QPR as well.

It depends if the defence stop making stupid mistakes every game. So I ham going for a close game with QPR been given a stupid goal to win it for them.