oneBoro Forum

So, how optimistic (or pessimistic) are we feeling about this one?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. So, how optimistic (or pessimistic) are we feeling about this one?

• Boro are steamrollered as QPR stroll to an emphatic victory
    • QPR pull off a narrow win after Boro put up a dogged fight
    • Game ends in a tie as Mowbray makes running repairs to our leaky defence
    • Boro sneak a narrow win
    • QPR fail to turn up and are duly thumped by Boro

I wonder if your views will hold any sway with the negative side of the forum who are all using the game to clamour for Mowbray's head?

Why would they hold sway with anyone? He's just some bloke posting on the internet. I wasn't there today but Brownlee and Maddison didn't seem impressed by what they saw. In the first half they basically said we were all over the place. Brownlee isn't exactly Mr Negative is he? It was only in the second half after we'd made some changes that we showed much at all. I don't know what Tim did or didn't see but they appeared to be able to get through us fairly easily so I'm not sure how the system could have been working well defensively? I imagine those that are clammering for Mowbray's head aren't doing so simply on the basis of this game, as I'm sure you're well aware.

I just feel, in my young and naive opinion that we were simply beaten by a QPR side that have the money and personnel to be competing in the top half of the premier league. Yes they didn't manage to stay there last year but as i said before i think it says a lot when your opposition are taking off Niko kranjar and replacing him with junior holliet!

We tried a new system on the left (many have been critical of friends recent defending so that move reduced the need for him to do that) Yes they scored early on from the left but it was the first time they have played like that and i still think it has potential.

Unfortunately, the result will of course put a little more pressure on mowbrays job but did anyone go into the game thinking that only a result would do?

Despite other peoples views, i do think that it was a case of the opposition simply being considerably classier and just better generally than of us having a poor match, but as i said before, that is just my opinion

Ah few someone agrees

"But that doesn’t mean we were rubbish. It just means the other lot were better. Given Boro’s resources and recent history, we can’t expect to be living with teams that populate the No Man’s Land that consists of “not good enough for the Premier League but too rich for the Championship”.

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

As above

Our team cant beat that qpr side they are too good on that form it doesnt matter who the managers is or what tactics you use they have players well above our pay grade and you can see the difference

Yep but on the other hand after bringing in 2 very attacking players, I would have seriously thought that Mogga would have at least tried to change his tactics and put out on the pitch some sort of fighting team.

Kamara and Butterfield has it is may have grounds to sue Boro because they signed with the idea that we were going to be a club challenging for the top places in the Championship or at least the play off's.

Yes we are gonna be challenging but for one of the relegation spots if we are not to careful.

Things need to change and fast.

Either our tactics or our manager.

UTB

Just a quick note, if we get outplayed by a QPR team who have 'premiership' quality players without really threatening their goal..why would people want us to be in the premiership? Surely QPR would be one of the 'weaker' teams in the league as shown last season. Bear in mind that they played today without Remy, Taarabt, M'bia, Grenero and Ji Sung Park as they are all out on loan. Does anybody think that if we were to get promoted we would be able to hold our own? Im not saying I wouldnt want us to play top flight football again, but I just think that the gulf now is too great for us to seriously challenge premiership quality teams.

Just a quick note, if we get outplayed by a QPR team who have 'premiership' quality players without really threatening their goal..why would people want us to be in the premiership? Surely QPR would be one of the 'weaker' teams in the league as shown last season. Bear in mind that they played today without Remy, Taarabt, M'bia, Grenero and Ji Sung Park as they are all out on loan. Does anybody think that if we were to get promoted we would be able to hold our own? Im not saying I wouldnt want us to play top flight football again, but I just think that the gulf now is too great for us to seriously challenge premiership quality teams.

If by some miracle we were to go up I would fully anticipate us struggling badly and coming straight back down. But I guess with 4 years of parachute payments it would be worth it in the long run.

I just feel, in my young and naive opinion that we were simply beaten by a QPR side that have the money and personnel to be competing in the top half of the premier league. Yes they didn't manage to stay there last year but as i said before i think it says a lot when your opposition are taking off Niko kranjar and replacing him with junior holliet!

We tried a new system on the left (many have been critical of friends recent defending so that move reduced the need for him to do that) Yes they scored early on from the left but it was the first time they have played like that and i still think it has potential.

Unfortunately, the result will of course put a little more pressure on mowbrays job but did anyone go into the game thinking that only a result would do?

Despite other peoples views, i do think that it was a case of the opposition simply being considerably classier and just better generally than of us having a poor match, but as i said before, that is just my opinion

Ah few someone agrees

"But that doesn’t mean we were rubbish. It just means the other lot were better. Given Boro’s resources and recent history, we can’t expect to be living with teams that populate the No Man’s Land that consists of “not good enough for the Premier League but too rich for the Championship”.

I completely agree with you that we were beaten by a better side. I'd be surprised if there's even one person on this forum that thinks otherwise. Where I disagree with you is about the system we employed. We were lopsided and to put it simply we offered absolutely nothing going forwards. I don't think it would have made much difference who we'd played as with that line-up we'd have struggled to make inroads in most teams in my opinion. Everything about it said we don't think we can beat you so we're going to try and not lose. It's completely understandable when you're playing a better team but if anything I think it contributed to our own downfall and has echoes of last season when we started putting teams out trying to keep things tight even in home games against weaker opposition. I don't think it has much potential primarily because I have to believe Mowbray won't try it again as even he realised it wasn't working and changed it. It will be interesting to see what team starts against Huddersfield.

Ah few someone agrees

I completely agree with you that we were beaten by a better side. I'd be surprised if there's even one person on this forum that thinks otherwise. Where I disagree with you is about the system we employed. We were lopsided and to put it simply we offered absolutely nothing going forwards. I don't think it would have made much difference who we'd played as with that line-up we'd have struggled to make inroads in most teams in my opinion. Everything about it said we don't think we can beat you so we're going to try and not lose. It's completely understandable when you're playing a better team but if anything I think it contributed to our own downfall and has echoes of last season when we started putting teams out trying to keep things tight even in home games against weaker opposition. I don't think it has much potential primarily because I have to believe Mowbray won't try it again as even he realised it wasn't working and changed it. It will be interesting to see what team starts against Huddersfield.

A fair post. I hope he tries to attack more against Huddersfield too.

A fair post. I hope he tries to attack more against Huddersfield too.

I think he has to tyler. We have a run of games coming up in October that we could conceivably take all 12 points from. Whatever our start to the season has been, I think we have to make sure we don't approach them with too much caution. I genuinely feel that yesterday was too cautious. We have a squad that appears to me to be set up to be a counter attacking side and yet yesterday we effectively gave up the opportunity to do that. The following games will present different problems because arguably we will be favourites for them and we will need to dictate terms. It's a big set of fixtures coming up either way.