oneBoro Forum

Just downloaded and tried the demo before I commit to fifa14 pre order. No contest yet again. This is disgustingly bad, to call it competition to FIFA is a joke. I dont think they could have made it less smooth if they tried, I saw the same generic shot and goalkeeper save 4 times in the same match, the free kicks are basically penalty's, I had 2 and scored 2... you get a target to aim with :/ the interface is unpleasant the commentators are even more repetitive than fifa and more incorrect. The amount of different players are the number 1 player at said club is hliarious, also apparently busquests pique and xaviare enemy number 1 because of their pace. All this in one solitary match, Ive thus uninstalled.

I must say though as always, the slide tackling is exceptionally fun.

Other thoughts?

Just downloaded and tried the demo before I commit to fifa14 pre order. No contest yet again. This is disgustingly bad, to call it competition to FIFA is a joke. I dont think they could have made it less smooth if they tried, I saw the same generic shot and goalkeeper save 4 times in the same match, the free kicks are basically penalty's, I had 2 and scored 2... you get a target to aim with :/ the interface is unpleasant the commentators are even more repetitive than fifa and more incorrect. The amount of different players are the number 1 player at said club is hliarious, also apparently busquests pique and xaviare enemy number 1 because of their pace. All this in one solitary match, Ive thus uninstalled.

I must say though as always, the slide tackling is exceptionally fun.

Other thoughts?

Just to also say, scoring a goal feels about as exciting as smashing a ball into wet cardboard. The crowd take about 3 seconds to respond, and when they do it's awful. When I scored, I actually thought it'd been disallowed... that's how bad the reaction was.

I can't believe the crowds, presentation of the game, licenses (or lack of) and generally 'clunkiness' make this game look as though it's truly stuck in the last gen.

Haven't had FIFA since '09 and miss having a game of footie to play, so will be going for FIFA 14.

Been putting a few hours into PES recently and it's just simply a better game than FIFA. No over the top through balls working every time, no 30-40 yard finesse shots going in the top hand corner, better online community, etc.

Looking forward to starting Master League Online.

I dunno. I think its a step in the right direction but the game just runs really heavy and laggy for some reason. Its like they've done a game for the PS4 and due to limitations on the current generation have had to dull-down a lot of the gameplay and graphics.

Shooting also feels to heavy and unresponsive. When you hit the ball hard it should feel like you are hitting it hard. At the minute it doesn't matter if you hit a weak placed shot in the corner or a 35 yard thunderbolt, the ball just doesn't seem to feel right.

Also the player animations feel a little blocky. Tactically I think it is better than Fifa but it sorta does it to the extent that it doesn't feel as fun as Fifa. It used to be that Pro Evo could bring in fans who wanted the in-depth tactical setup and those who wanted a few odd games for a bit of fun. Unfortunately it lends itself to the former rather than the latter nowadays. Fifa has become more of the general football game and has left Pro Evo as the sort of purist's choice in that sense. Its fun but just not in the same way.

I will be interested to see what Pro Evo runs like on the next-gen because I think for this current generation its all been Fifa.

PS1: Fifa

PS2: Pro Evo

PS3: Fifa

PS4: Pro Evo (???)

The players seem to add a little touch to the ball everytime you want to do something on the demo and it really annoys me because it usually results in the action not being performed the way you wanted. It looks better graphically, but feels worse than 2013 gameplay wise.

They've fixed the finesse shots on Fifa now by the way Magooder.

This does tickle me

http://m.101greatgoals.com/pictures/epic-grapics-fail-this-is-konami-pes-14s-attempt-at-kolo-toure/

I was a pro evo man right up until the ps3 came out but just got disappointed by the standard of game after pes 5 so never went back to it.

My concern with pes and fifa as neither seem to be stepping up to that next level for me. I think other elements could be added such as diving and reintroducing the handball but to a better standard than fifas last attempt. I also feel an option of being the referee would add an element of fun especially in online play. My final addition would be local rivals or big rivals should be portrayed in games where they can generally be full of bad challenges and the possibility to control a player in the fracas that results from a poor challenge. Given FIFAs current control of football games im looking at these sort of things being used in a rival game.

So we are trying to get rid of diving in football and you want to glorify it in a football game worshipped by fans all over the world?

The handball is still on fifa just set to off as default.

Being a referee in an online game? Yes lets have a 12yo troll cost you the league title because he is bored and mummy has let him stay up a little later tonight.

Controlling a player in a fracas? Yes lets add a little mma style mini game where someone does a nasty challenge and you get to kick there teeth out, again this is something we want out of real football.

I always welcome ideas to make football games bigger and better but can not support yours.

Actually on second thoughts I quite like the ref idea but only if they did it single player only one year worked out how to do it right and worked out some sort of monitoring system where players can report a referee for being awful and they would be banned from refereeing for a short time online

Also apologies I've just re read that and I think I come across harsh.... not trying to be just hate those thimgs in football and would hate them in a game played by millions of kids who dream of being a footballer and may well grow up to be.

The players seem to add a little touch to the ball everytime you want to do something on the demo and it really annoys me because it usually results in the action not being performed the way you wanted. It looks better graphically, but feels worse than 2013 gameplay wise.

They've fixed the finesse shots on Fifa now by the way Magooder.

I don't think they have fixed them yet mate. I just gave it another go earlier and conceded a finesse shot from 45-50 odd yards out (not exaggerating) while the player wasn't even facing towards goal.... just to make it worse that player had to be Ben Arfa! That coupled with how unbelievably overpowered the over the top through ball is - the ball is in the air more than it is on the ground - just make FIFA not for me at the moment until things are fixed.

PES is buggy too, don't get me wrong. Goalkeepers are still absolutely comical at times and the game modes seem to have been stripped to the bare bones due to all the time spent on the new Fox Engine. But I've always been a PES fan. It just has its 'wow moments' (in a good way) that FIFA simply doesn't have. It plays a more realistic game and has more soul to it than FIFA does. And this is one of the better PES' gameplay-wise on the current consoles. Just my opinion of course.

Now if only they'd fix the online so I can give MLO a bash! MLO on PES11 remains the most fun I've ever had online on a football game. Unfortunately the mode itself has gradually declined since. Why they've chopped and changed it so much since its introduction in PES11 I'll never understand. Division to division weekly promotion/relegation system was brilliant yet hasn't been seen since?!

So we are trying to get rid of diving in football and you want to glorify it in a football game worshipped by fans all over the world?

Being a referee in an online game? Yes lets have a 12yo troll cost you the league title because he is bored and mummy has let him stay up a little later tonight.

Controlling a player in a fracas? Yes lets add a little mma style mini game where someone does a nasty challenge and you get to kick there teeth out, again this is something we want out of real football.

I always welcome ideas to make football games bigger and better but can not support yours.

Actually on second thoughts I quite like the ref idea but only if they did it single player only one year worked out how to do it right and worked out some sort of monitoring system where players can report a referee for being awful and they would be banned from refereeing for a short time online

Also apologies I've just re read that and I think I come across harsh.... not trying to be just hate those thimgs in football and would hate them in a game played by millions of kids who dream of being a footballer and may well grow up to be.

I thought we were friends :(

I thought we were friends :(

Don't say that baby :( we can still be friends i just can't allow you to ever design a football game haha

MLO does sound fun, but I've never got to correctly experience it due to buying the game late (by then everyone has messi teams and I had no chance with Damien Duff as my star man).

I'm liking fifa so far this year anyway so hopefully I won't need to sell it for pes again.

I've only had chance to try the PES 2014 demo once and felt like it will take time to get used to the more realistic turns etc. I'm interested in anyone who has actually bought the full game as to whether it is similar to the demo with the odd thing smoothed out?

I've yet to try FIFA 2014 but if it's anything like 2013 then it isn't the game for me. It's one of those things where you have a feel for a game of football and for most people you either feel it in PES or in FIFA...rarely both I think. FIFA never feels like football to me.

I've only had chance to try the PES 2014 demo once and felt like it will take time to get used to the more realistic turns etc. I'm interested in anyone who has actually bought the full game as to whether it is similar to the demo with the odd thing smoothed out?

I've yet to try FIFA 2014 but if it's anything like 2013 then it isn't the game for me. It's one of those things where you have a feel for a game of football and for most people you either feel it in PES or in FIFA...rarely both I think. FIFA never feels like football to me.

I have the game and in my opinion it has improved from the demo. Best football sim I have played on the current consoles. As you say, PES always just 'feels' more like football to me, FIFA doesn't.

It does however have its problems - goalkeepers are dreadful at times, chip shot is exploitable, game modes such as BAL and Master League have been stripped to the bare bones.

Don't even get me started on online. Very unresponsive and laggy. Plays like a completely different game unfortunately. Thankfully a patch is set to be released in November fixing the online first and foremost and the issues I mentioned above.

Still, despite its problems it's easily the best football game I've played this gen - offline. The amount of subtle animations you see in shooting, passing, touches, dribbling, etc. gives it that 'wow factor' and has me wanting to watch replay after replay. That 'one more game' feeling is back for me, which has been missing from PES this gen.

I have the game and in my opinion it has improved from the demo. Best football sim I have played on the current consoles. As you say, PES always just 'feels' more like football to me, FIFA doesn't.

It does however have its problems - goalkeepers are dreadful at times, chip shot is exploitable, game modes such as BAL and Master League have been stripped to the bare bones.

Don't even get me started on online. Very unresponsive and laggy. Plays like a completely different game unfortunately. Thankfully a patch is set to be released in November fixing the online first and foremost and the issues I mentioned above.

Still, despite its problems it's easily the best football game I've played this gen - offline. The amount of subtle animations you see in shooting, passing, touches, dribbling, etc. gives it that 'wow factor' and has me wanting to watch replay after replay. That 'one more game' feeling is back for me, which has been missing from PES this gen.

I've been playing more of the demo and I'm getting used to it but was hoping to hear that the released game has some of the issues ironed out. I do like the realistic player movement, particularly the momentum you build up when starting from a standing position to getting up to full speed. It really feels like proper acceleration.

Going to watch for a good deal on the game and buy it some time soon I think.

What changes have they made to the Master League? That's what I usually play and I prefer to play 2 players on the same side. That was you really can play some nice football together.

• 3 weeks later...