• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Andrews review.

Huddersfield started off well and passed the ball and their movement was good whereas we looked scared.

We had some chances in the first half but you just knew it was going to be one of those nights. 1 thing I noticed a lot was how vocal Ben Gibson was before and during the game , old head on such young shoulders and what a great header.

Don't understand why he didn't go with Juke and Kamara from the start, Carayol ran down a lot of blind alleys and his first touch was very dodgy , plus he is knocked off the ball far too easily .

Whitehead was slow, Leadbitter didn't impress, I felt sorry for Butterfield being taken off as he looked composed on the ball and worked hard.

George Friend got skinned a few times but he was more creative going forward than Muzzy IMO . Rhys was steady and very unlucky at the end. Richardson looked very average.

I thought the crowd were flat for most of the first half but saved their roar until we equalised. A draw was a fair result but we looked very average.

For me the best part of the game was when everybody paid tribute to Frankie Bam Bam, a Boro supporter. It was also excellent to see all the Huddersfield fans give a standing ovation, just shows there are still some good people in football. It gave me goosebumps...

I think that interview might actually get him the sack. Gibbo will not be happy when he hears it and thats for sure.

Listened to it all and I heard nothing to suggest that would be the case. He basically said that in 6 draws we deserve better than that and yet again had more chances tonight (True) . He also said that those fans who turn up through thick or thin are the true fans (True)

I now live down south so only make a few games each season so have no axe to grind here but if I lived up north wouldn't say that my views from a keyboard were as valid as those who got to the ground - Before I am hung drawn and quartered I am not having a go at those who can't afford it but I think we all surely agree that those hardy 12000 souls are our core support

Thought it was interesting listening to both stations phone ins on the way back. Bbc tees usual trying to see the positives. Slaven I though made a couple of good points, one being that the best we have played over the past decade or so was when we had downing out wide and zenden inside of him spoon feeding him the ball time after time. Today none of our central players looked to play in the wingers, which arguably is our strongest area.

Cheers Andrew, did it actually look like 12700 or is that the official figure that includes all ST's?

Looked like less according to some. There were certainly a lot more empty seats around me than usual.

Something I forgot to mention in my previous posts on the game is that we definitely don't have motivation coming from the manager. All game we played a sort of lazy, half hearted passing game, but we really spring into life when we concede and I've seen it far too often now. We rarely have 5 minute spells like that if we aren't losing.