oneBoro Forum

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest robbieboro82

I reckon if we lose to yeovil on saturday that will be the end

We'll probably win on sat then lose the next 2!! We should be taking 12 points from 12 in the next 4 games! Anything less 8 and he needs to walk!!

• Latest Posts

• Check out the love between Crooks & Payero. Makes me warm and fuzzy inside.
    • The club themselves probably won't come out and make any public statements about the ongoing thing because it gives their side something to argue with. When the Derby fans picked up on the FMTTM post, immediately it was sent to the administrators so they were aware of it. They want the narrative to change and as much as I'd hate to see Derby go out of business, they are playing dirty from a very risky position. The fans are desperate, they're still messaging our fan groups for us to do something about it. I think they're being left in the dark about the entire situation by both sides though. Right now, going by what Simon Jordan said the other day, us and Wycombe are waiting for an offer from the Derby end to try and settle the problem. Also, listening to him speak about it made it sound like the administrators are just trying to do their best to make the club a good asset to sell. The whole thing about them using the government's COVID scheme to push back their debts then putting the club into administration to write them off was seemingly just as dirty a tactic as Morris has been getting up to all along to essentially give the club a way of coming back significantly stronger with any half-decent investor. Walking into a debt-free football club sounds like Christmas day which is exactly why Mr. Ashley is sniffing around and is even willing to make a deal with us to get it done. Gibson looks like he's trying to make sure it's not as easy as that and if they want to do it, they'll have to give us something and quick.
    • Thanks for the welcome. No idea where you get Colchester from (lol), live just outside Stokesley, 20 minutes from the Riverside Stadium.
    • Surely the club are going to have to come out and clarify their position on this Derby issue at some point very soon...? Derby fans are (understandably) going to fight tooth and nail to save their club, and at the moment they're controlling the narrative around the whole thing. I worry we will soon be painted as villains in the media, 'trying to liquidate a club meaning a town loses its football team and people lose their jobs etc.' To be clear I'm not saying it's as black and white as that - but that's the story that's being painted on social media with petitions etc, and calls for MPs to get involved. February 12th has the potential to kick off massively when they visit the Riverside and I'm concerned this whole debacle is going to start detracting from what Boro should be getting discussed for - a great turnaround in form and a genuine shot at going up. If Gibson doesn't have a rock solid defence of what's going on I'd rather we just dropped it and focussed on the football.