oneBoro Forum

Back to basics! 442 for me.

---------------------- Steele -------------------

Richardson -- Williams -- Gibson -- Friend

Adomah -- Butterfield -- Leadbitter -- Carayol

----------------- Kamara -- Juke --------------------

would like to see that team but we might be over run if we play like that. halliday for muzzy

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

i would say halliday is just as bad as friend at the back. would always be reluctant to take friend out though because he is so good going forward. said it before but i would like to see friend given a go wide left and play gibbo at left back or sign another lb on loan

Well rightly or wrongly, I am going with absolutely no expectation whatsoever, with the exception of expecting disappointment!

Can't see a great crowd turning up either so the atmosphere will be a bit quiet, worst thing we can do is concede an early goal as I think that will just make the atmosphere even worse.

I think we'll see a crowd well below 11000, they will have to endure slow tedious build ups involving Leadbitter and Whitehead. The ref will inevitably award a penalty against us and an individual error will cost us a goal. Our forward will plough a lonely farrow until about 60 minutes in, when he will be supplemented with a second striker with a poor goal scoring record at the expense of one of our wingers that have been rendered ineffective due to the fact that they have been playing on the wrong wing for the last 20 minutes. Initially this will make us look a more potent force for the next 10 minutes or so and we'll sneak back into it with a deflected goal. However, by that time our midfield will have tired due to the change in shape and we'll haul off our best player, before conceding a last minute goal to a set piece that Steele could possibly have saved. *

So 1-3 to Huddersfield.

*Cut and paste for future match threads/reviews/pub conversations

Some real doom and gloom on here, just about any of the above scores will suit me fine. We're not that bloody good. By the sounds of it we may as well put the goals east to west instead of north to south as by the amount of sideways passing it seems we both do, there'd be more chance of a goal. I'll be happy with the last score 1-1 which would be a massive improvement on last year.

The next few games could be a big turning point in the short term history of the club. I think that people are underestimating some of the games coming up, which is very bad because that raises expectation and will put a LOT of pressure on tony if results don't go completely our way.

In my opinion targets from the next 4 games should be 2 wins and a draw, although i would accept just two wins.

In terms of the huddersfield match i would go 4-2-3-1 like this:

Kamara

Carayol butterfield adomah

Smallwood leadbitter

Friend Williams gibson Richardson

Steele

With adomah and kamara switching at times and friend being given MUCH less licence to attack

I think there is real banana skin potential to this game. Hudders aren't a good team but neither are we. In there favour is that they have a striker on form (I believe he's the leagues top scorer) and essentially a two goal lead. Everything points to a hudders win for me and I can't decide which result would be worse.

Winning could be a false dawn and discourage us making moves in the loan market. On the other hand how much more can we realistically take. Preseason I thought we were a good bet for relegation if we're to avoid this we need to pick up point from the teams around us. Sadly those same teams will be thinking the same and these games could come down to heart something we seem to seriously lack.

I'm also getting increasingly worried with some of the things mogga says, its gone from no loans in to wanting 3. Let be honest nothings changed we have all know what we've been lacking and I find it hard to believe mogga hasn't. If he hasn't seen it then I have to question his judgement if he has whats all the crap about being happy with the squad. Also I know its off topic but why did Bauser leave the country to see a free agent surely we should be bringing him here.

Vaughan is a very top striker and I worry abou that, think I'd go for this lineup...

--------------------Steele--------------------

Hoyte----Williams-Gibson--------friend

----------Varga-------leadbitter-----------

Adhoma------butterfield--------kamara

------------------juke------------------

Vaughan is a very top striker and I worry abou that, think I'd go for this lineup...

--------------------Steele--------------------

Hoyte----Williams-Gibson--------friend

----------Varga-------leadbitter-----------

Adhoma------butterfield--------kamara

------------------juke------------------

Id go with this apart from smallwood for varga