oneBoro Forum

It's not just Whitehead though, Richardson hasn't exactly covered himself in glory, Friend isn't sure what his role is, Woody isn't up to the job any more and Steele, whilst being the most solid player we have, is often left exposed and makes the odd howler.

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

When I say midfield that's targeted at the wingers, which leaves the fullbacks exposed to 2 on 1s with the opposition fullback pushing up with their winger, so to stop them teaming up on a fullback a CM has to get across to cover. Which means the centre backs are left with 2 men to mark so there will be a free man in the box. That's why we've conceded so many penalties, from centre backs having to make last ditch challenges and close down fast

So you're really saying that the last 7 months have been bad luck? Gibson has only played a couple of games, Friend goes AWOL and has been responsible for many of the goals, Steele has also been responsible for a few errors but as the last line of defence, probably shouldn't have been left exposed. Stop provoking and give us some positive action on this - you really can't believe that it's down to bad luck over all these months?

I don't think it's bad luck, I think it's the wrong attitude from the midfield i.e they're too lazy to track back in numbers so defenders get exposed and that's where the mistakes happen

Not sure whitehead is too lazy. Just not capable

Or just not comfortable? I personally think the 3 midfielders in there don't have balance. They don't have control of the midfield because they don't have any shape whatsoever. The best game I saw from Whitehead was against Bordeaux when we played 4-4-2 with Marv and Juke up front and I honestly thought we'd pulled off a real coup to get him in. His performances were good early on but have dwindled ever since, but then the same can be said of many of our players.