oneBoro Forum

Goodbye...

I'm taking a break from the forum for a while, I've been thinking about it for a while as the style of this forum has changed massively since I joined and not for the better.

Having been personally attacked by another member last night it was just brushed off by a mod as a disagreement, in my opinion this is unacceptable and I'm sure if a new member had criticised a senior member like that then the retribution handed out would have been very different.

So it's goodbye from me for a while, I will still check in every now and again to see if any things changed but no contribution from me for a while. I hope everyone enjoys not getting put down by me all the time (which I apparently do).

shame to hear, dont agree with you on many things boro related but its always good to have an alternative opinion on the forum

hope you come back on soon. who will stick up for mogga now :P

I haven't seen a time where you have put anyone down unnecessarily. You're one of the most rational poster on here who thinks likewise to me, which is in short supply in tough times like now where everyone is full of emotion/impulse. What I didn't like about the disagreement/argument last night is that you got no credit for keeping your composure and not snapping back giving as good as you took under a personal attack. In reality if everyone that snaps at each other on here were sat in a room talking we'd all probably get on fine and be able to get over more of a joking nature which doesn't come across on here too well which leads to people taking things offensively and blunt when they're not meant to be which leads to many arguments.

You and Boroscot have disagreed many times, just like I did with him at first but now we're ok instead of tit for tat battles which where spoiling the forum for me. It will be best for both you and Boroscot to add each other to the ignore list at least initially, to try and remove the conflict which will probably be spoiling the forum for both of you as everyone is here to talk about Boro and not to argue.

You have to think its sad when some one feels so strongly that he has to leave something that he enjoys doing.

I've seen some behavior of which I disapprove but standards of some are different to mine and I tend to shrug my shoulders.

The current Mogga must go messages are not to my taste. I wonder if they'd be happy if they were treated the same.

Good luck mate and if you want to return there are clearly a few are happy to listen to your point of view. Lets hope that some of the "hotheads" can cool it a little so that debate can outweigh abuse

Just ignore whoever it is that's annoying you. Some people do seem to be able to push the boundaries in here a bit more than I thought was allowed but that's for the mods to sort out. I wouldn't let anyone spoil my enjoyment of the forum if I was you.

I admire Will for continuing to fight the battle for his views when people on here have been so dismissive of anyone who has anything good to say about Mogga on here. I know I gave up that particular fight a long time ago. I'm sick of being treated like I'm simply wrong for having a different opinion and for being told the only reason I feel a certain way is due to some kind of mythical rose tinted glasses.

Hope you reconsider Will.

I admire Will for continuing to fight the battle for his views when people on here have been so dismissive of anyone who has anything good to say about Mogga on here. I know I gave up that particular fight a long time ago. I'm sick of being treated like I'm simply wrong for having a different opinion and for being told the only reason I feel a certain way is due to some kind of mythical rose tinted glasses.

Hope you reconsider Will.

This completely. Apparently sticking up for the manager warrants negative rep points and the like. All opinions should be respected so that there can be 'debates' and not personal attacks.

As has already been said, I hope you reconsider Will.

Rise above it mate it's only opinions of different people when all is said and done. We all think we are right when we post things but that doesn't mean we expect everybody to agree with us, they just wont.

Being staying away recently as all this negative stuff is depressing - Every day there seems to be a new IN/OUT thread and all that happens is that people with oppossing views start falling out. I am very much in the IN camp (Yes still) but have to accept that there are those who aren't.

What isn't acceptable though is when it gets personal and if genuine long time posters feel the need to move away then everyone needs to shake there heads a bit

My advise is rise above it if you can - EVERYBODIES view is equal on here! - Personally couldn't care less abour rep points and stuff , just being able to say me piece.