oneBoro Forum

He should never of punched the cross for the QPR goal the other week.. He rarely claims cross and fails to command his box.

I've got to disagree with you for the never claims a cross and fails to command the box, numerous times yesterday a cross wold come in and he'd throw himself at it to claim it. He got fouled a few times doing it as well

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Steele made a mistake Tuesday. And yeah, maybe he's having a blip in form right now.

I'd like you to name more mistakes that Steele made last season that directly cost us points.

If he makes mistakes as often as you claim, this shouldn't be so hard.

EDIT: And as for the Butland thing, there's an entire thread on that topic, we don't need to go back into it here. But the media are the ones that thrust Butland into that spotlight.

Sorry sir he cost us the game at Huddersfield alone and unaided we lost 2 goals in the last 5 minutes to lose 1-2. Dropped the first on Alan Lee's toe end and then managed to move over to anticipate a cross in the last minute leaving the sub a chance to belt it in the corner from some distance

He then avoided the not covering the near post scenario and Eagles put it over him at Bolton.

I forget the other game at the end of last season but he cost us a goal there too. Sadly 4 goals in three games

the counter argument is how many did he save and the answer is more than a few

Steele made a mistake Tuesday. And yeah, maybe he's having a blip in form right now.

I'd like you to name more mistakes that Steele made last season that directly cost us points.

If he makes mistakes as often as you claim, this shouldn't be so hard.

EDIT: And as for the Butland thing, there's an entire thread on that topic, we don't need to go back into it here. But the media are the ones that thrust Butland into that spotlight.

Sorry sir he cost us the game at Huddersfield alone and unaided we lost 2 goals in the last 5 minutes to lose 1-2. Dropped the first on Alan Lee's toe end and then managed to move over to anticipate a cross in the last minute leaving the sub a chance to belt it in the corner from some distance

He then avoided the not covering the near post scenario and Eagles put it over him at Bolton.

I forget the other game at the end of last season but he cost us a goal there too. Sadly 4 goals in three games

the counter argument is how many did he save and the answer is more than a few

So all of the mistakes came in relatively quick succession? All that indicates is a dip in form, which is to be expected. He's only human, and only...what, 23?

A dip in form does not make him a bad keeper.

Same thing this season, a brief dip in form is all it is. He's by far one of the best goalkeepers in the league.

The game shown how Mowbray's much criticised formation can work when you find a decent balance, take your chances and have key players performing. We look far closer to finding the right balance in forward areas as the previous Carayol, Kamara/Juke and Adomah hasn't really clicked despite it looking great on paper.

It was indeed a lovely pass from Whitehead

It's the second time I've seen that sequence with Kei hitting the woodwork twice, boy was he unlucky, great header and then did very well to battle to be in position for the rebound.

The game shown how Mowbray's much criticised formation can work when you find a decent balance, take your chances and have key players performing. We look far closer to finding the right balance in forward areas as the previous Carayol, Kamara/Juke and Adomah hasn't really clicked despite it looking great on paper.

I think the game showed just how easy it is to play against Yeovil more than anything else.

great to see a win... definitely happy with the result. Yeovil may be poor but we have seen the number of times we failed playing against poor team.

in butterfield and kamara... seems like we finally have the players to complete the jigsaw...

its 3 pts in the right direction.

the issue would be keeping it consistent... getting a good run going...

Go Boro !

Steele should have done a lot better for the goals Leicester in the opener too imo, then there was also the Birmingham game of last season as well as those already mentioned, not getting on his case and think he's a good keeper. I just agree that by some on here he's VERY over rated.

Good win for us this weekend, couldn't get to the game so thanks for all that posted ratings. Good to hear Butterfield seems to be settling in a lot sooner than I expected, hope he can keep it going, Adomah seems to be becoming a really consistent performer, considering the reputation of inconsistency he came with, lets hope we use this as a platform to kick on from.

UTB