• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

No enthusiasm with Boro at the moment. Football just winds me up, just got a new road bike (cycling) so will be out doing a 50 mile ride... Hopefully I will get back and Boro will have won, if we lose it will hopefully be Mowbrays last game. I like the guy but I just dont think he can do much more. Shame but it was inevitable given his 'legend' status.

Next time can we have a manager that has no attachment with the club at all.

Slightly off topic but what bike did you get?

I can't see Mowbray keeping his job if we dont win this, and for once, I actually think we will win this game as long as we dont behave like cowardly tortoises and we come out of our shells.

Fail to win this game and for the first time I'm officially joining up with the 'Mogga out' brigade. We probably won't get an easier game [on paper] all season.

I do actually think we'll win this one though. Haven't predicted a win in a long time. But I highly doubt it will kick start a positive run of results under Mogga. And I'm sure, at best, it will be scrappy and relatively unconvincing.

I will say the same as the last match day thread. We will need to score at least two goals to win because we are sure to give a daft goal somewhere during the game.

Saying that I think we will win this one 2-1.

Have to agree with 2p2 on all points. Kinda confident for a win, but we can't seem to buy one recently. Fail to win & I've lost my patience, but even with a win I think it will only paper over the cracks. Win 4 or so on the bounce or 4 out of, say, the next 6 & ill likely change my mind on the situation, but lets face it, how many of us can see that happening?

Edit - one of those wins HAS to be tomorrow in my mind

Well TM declared a sequence of getting 4 out of 4 wins. 1 point from Yeovil will not be good though I would imagine Yeovil will be looking at this as their first away win of the season I fully expect them to have a go straight away and get an early goal.

Fully expect a very nervy game and one where we will be very cautious throughout

I know some fancy Johnson as replacement for Mogga. He certainly knows how to set them up to absorb pressure - but not happening for them in Champ. They won't do anything different + we ought to bury them. But in our current form think it'll be closer than it should be.

I know some fancy Johnson as replacement for Mogga. He certainly knows how to set them up to absorb pressure - but not happening for them in Champ. They won't do anything different + we ought to bury them. But in our current form think it'll be closer than it should be.

You would think so but hey burying an oppenent especially with our mind set sorry no way.

We will show them far too much respect and will try and contain them. The team is frightened of losing so much so it has an effect on how we play and we have forgotten how to win.

And to a degree I am preparing myself for the obvious disappointment should we not win tomorrow.

You would think so but hey burying an oppenent especially with our mind set sorry no way.

We will show them far too much respect and will try and contain them. The team is frightened of losing so much so it has an effect on how we play and we have forgotten how to win.

And to a degree I am preparing myself for the obvious disappointment should we not win tomorrow.

Totally agree. It'll be closer than it should be.

This is the biggest game of the season since the last biggest game of the season, which wasn't quite as big a biggest game of the season as this biggest game of the season surely is.

When I went through my preview for the Huddersfield game I came to the conclusion that the most likely result was a draw. As it turns out it was a draw but we played better than that. Now I'm thinking about tomorrow's game there has to be some optimism that we can finally get another win and break our duck at home. With the greatest respect to Yeovil, they probably aren't good enough for this level. This doesn't mean that they can't get a result but I'd like to think that we are more than capable of dealing with them. However, oddly enough they have a better away record than ours is at home (5 points v 4 points) so we'd best not count our chickens just yet! I hope to see us start with a lot more purpose than we did the other night and in the last few games really. Nerves are to be expected so if we can get at them quickly and maybe get an early goal we might just settle down and start playing some good stuff. I think (hope/pray/divine) that we are at least two goals better than them but then I thought similar about Bournemouth :( So a 2-0, 3-1, 3-0 win and a little more time bought.

3-1 but nervy with the clincher not until late in the game

A few need to step up to the plate and I think this saturday will be it.

Corner turned ? - I hope so

I don't think a win tomorrow turns the corner. I think it just about gets us to the corner. To turn it we would need to put together a sequence of good results.

Tomorrow is the day that everything changes. Leadbitter will score a screamer and we'll keep a clean sheet. 2-0.

Nice to see people's dreams haven't been completely destroyed :P