oneBoro Forum

u 18s v Bolton today

I noticed when I checked last evening that the venue had been removed from the Boro web site fixture list

I'm wondering if that means behind closed doors ?

Is due off at 12.30 and I'd have to leave at about 11 to get to the venue which I believe to be Leigh Sports village at Pennington Flash

UPDATE

Well the Boro ticket office don't know and its definitely not at Leigh the groundsman tells me.!!

The county Ground at Leyland appears shut and Bolton Wanderers ticket office / shop did not know there was a game !!! ..... but added helpfully if there is it will be at the academy at Lostock.

Its the right lane filter after the Reebock roundabout and then onto Lostock Lane and either through the houses or via Hall lane (essential for Big vehicles apparently)

ko is still 12.30

I still have no idea if its behind closed doors - pot luck I guess

5-0 win

1-0 up after 4 minutes of the first half and another 2 minutes into the second. The final quarter we scored virtually every time we attacked so it could have been more.

I could only identify about three of the players which I found a bit scary. Hard work finding some one who did not play well and about half of them were exceptional.

Ref however top scored with 7 yellow cards

I was hoping someone would help me out a bit with a team sheet. Lets do it by numbers instead then

1. Goalkeeper - not really a lot to do

2. Right back I didn't notice him in the first half but in the second he tackled ferociously ran forward well at great pace and scored as well

3 Tall ginger full back effective Got booked for cuddling the Bolton centre forward prior to a corner ( Bolton centre forward got booked too for trying to cuddle him back)

4. Midfielder very effective often by getting his body between his opponent and the ball. Saw more of the defensive role in the first half and always comfortable on the ball.

5/6 centre backs missed little in the air and not much on the ground either

7 another tall guy played left midfield effective plus

8 Midfielder Small guy very busy got most of it right

9 Kept the Bolton centre backs occupied with runs and positioning.

10 advanced midfielder made the first goal by spotting the pass to no11 and playing it. Scored in the second half with a quality strike from the edge of the penalty area. Absolutely unstoppable volley. You dream about seeing this sort of strike but rarely do

11 little lad quick scored the first goal and frightened the Bolton defence to death every time he had the ball. Predominantly on the right wing Got up well for a really good header

12 came on for the last 20 ish minutes as centre forward scored after the keeper had saved his first effort

14 Pretty sure he was Wyke junior played on the right of midfield and then moving across to support in the centre. late 2nd half sub

15 I'm guessing Priestly Griffiths , curly hair. midfielder class act. very good to watch, finds space

I'm sure I've missed something out and not given some one the credit they deserved

I'd also like to comment on the friendliness of he Bolton parents/ supporters what a nice bunch of guys and gals. I'd certainly be tempted to go there again

Scorers were in order Junior Mondal, Scott McCarthy, Callum Cooke, Jonathan Helm and Luke Armstrong.

Will try and match players to your numbers and descriptions.

1 Joe Fryer, 2 Jonathan Helm, 3 Nathan McGinley, 4 Robbie Tinkler?, 5 Dael Fry, 6 Matty Elsdon, 7 Mark Kitching?, 8 Lewis Maloney (did you call him small? oh watch out!) 9 Scott McCarthy, 10 Callum Cooke, 11 Junior Mondal

12 Luke Armstong

14 Matty Wyke

15 Priestly Griffiths

unused Joe Wheatley

Think that might be about right.

Grazie Chris

Most of the guys fit but I thought Fryer was a ginger haired guy. I've only seen him once. I think he was benching for the u 21s at Bolton - looked terrified. He was sent off to play with the u 16s on Saturday, I thought.

The keeper looked very much like Luke Coddington but he was much bulkier than when I last saw him ( if it was him)

Helm if he scored was definitely him at right back. I'm slightly puzzled as I think he came on at right back as a sub in the u 21 game a week or three ago but looked completely different. Perhaps it was the lights at Bolton and his "makeup" clashing ( sorry that was a joke !)

I'd thought Kitching as he looked like his image on the Boro web site but not all of the lads appear there which leaves me struggling a bit.

I should have got Junior Mondal sorry just me being thick. 8 Lewis Maloney that fits as they were calling him "Lew". I find it really interesting the way he "rides" a tackle. The only two guys I remember that did it the same way were John White at Spurs and no 3 thug at Leeds, Giles

It would make sense that Callum Cooke had the 10 shirt but 4 was so similar I was wondering if it was the O'Neills ........

There was not that much between the two sides early doors but it was a classic wear them down scenario and once they went physically they went mentally too. They had some good lads but they just could not keep up with the relentless competition that this Boro side provided

Fry and Elsden never seen and no piccies, my excuse - Mc Carthy looks so much better on the field than his photo and is there an Armstrong photie.

In some ways I felt sorry for the Bolton goalie as twice he saved well but then ended up picking it out of the net.

I've not seen these lads collectively before they seem quite a good bunch.