oneBoro Forum

Boro V Barnsley (A)

Pretty fair assessment. Butterfield played in the advanced role of the midfield three though he didn't play deep. Leadbitter floated where he liked. Butterfield wasn't particular covering the right, he was woeful though and fully deserved to be subbed at half time alongside Whitehead. Leadbitter settled us down 2nd half and without him the scoreline could've been even worse.

Barnsley fully deserved the points and I actually think your midfield in particular looked impressive especially your blonde haired no. 11.

With regards to the fans reaction it's a culmination of the events of the last 10 months. Fans were expecting us to kick on and get a result against Barnsley considering your record this season.

Thanks for your write up whitey.

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

One point from yesterday's match was the Barnsley ball boys, there were no spare balls available. When the ball went out of play the ball boys just sat there and made no attempt to retrieve the ball. Boro players had to run to get the balls themselves. On the odd occasion that they got hold of the ball they misplaced the pass so our players had to run to retrieve it.

When one of the ball boys did it in front of the Boro fans he nearly caused a riot, when he started smiling and waving at the Boro fans some of our fans threw something in his face.

Looking back now it was quite funny but when emotions are running high it could of got out of hand.

Thanks Whitey. I was sat in the East stand along with yous lot.

I was surprised the the "Ulster Pele" was allowed to get to the shooting point. There were several guys who did not do their jobs to allow him there. There are days when some guys do something extraordinary. It was his day on Saturday. Up to that point he'd been poor bordering on useless and arguing with team-mates etc. .......... almost a liability

we weren't great but the Pole had missed two guilt edged opportunities. You were lucky to be level it could have been 0-2.

To that point we'd looked the better team, not that either side deserved that description.

The second goal was a total fluke. Steele had no chance to save and the penalty...... if the keeper saves its unusual.

The guys around me were over the moon part in joy and part in disbelief.

I think Mowbray made the right call at half time and binned Butterfield and Whitehead. Neither had been effective. The replacements Smallwood and Emnes were light years better than the guys they replaced.

I have sympathy with the guys who were replaced. I once played a game where I could not do a thing right - It wasn't that I wasn't trying. I was but everything I did turned to "ratchit"

The Boro faithful think Emnes is poor. Technically he is the best we've got. (Only Leadbitter gets close) He had a poor season last year. This year he has turned it round but some of the lads are still watching last year.

The longer it went on the better the Boro got and once Carayol arrived it was one way traffic.

The guys around me were starting to worry when the first one went in and there after to the final whistle were "bricking it". I'd almost be prepared to say that the Boro deserved a point if not all three and the guys around me were thinking that might be possible.

Let me say I like coming to Barnsley FC. The parking is cracking, easy and plentiful. The beer is probably the best I'll get in a football ground all season and the pies are definitely the best in the country. That Chicken Balti is magic !

Good luck Barnsley but lets hope neither of us need it

One point from yesterday's match was the Barnsley ball boys, there were no spare balls available. When the ball went out of play the ball boys just sat there and made no attempt to retrieve the ball. Boro players had to run to get the balls themselves. On the odd occasion that they got hold of the ball they misplaced the pass so our players had to run to retrieve it.

When one of the ball boys did it in front of the Boro fans he nearly caused a riot, when he started smiling and waving at the Boro fans some of our fans threw something in his face.

Looking back now it was quite funny but when emotions are running high it could of got out of hand.

Totally agree.

It was very unsporting of our ball kids, and even though we've had to deal with similar at away grounds, it doesn't make it right.

Who was it that chased and retrieved the ball? Adomah? We gave him a round of applause for it.

Pretty fair assessment. Butterfield played in the advanced role of the midfield three though he didn't play deep. Leadbitter floated where he liked. Butterfield wasn't particular covering the right, he was woeful though and fully deserved to be subbed at half time alongside Whitehead. Leadbitter settled us down 2nd half and without him the scoreline could've been even worse.

Barnsley fully deserved the points and I actually think your midfield in particular looked impressive especially your blonde haired no. 11.

With regards to the fans reaction it's a culmination of the events of the last 10 months. Fans were expecting us to kick on and get a result against Barnsley considering your record this season.

Thanks for your write up whitey.

Strange how we see different things but that's why football is a great sport.

I thought Leadbitter was distinctly average, and I reckon had Butterfield been further forward or allowed to float, you'd have fared better, especially in that 10 minute good spell you had.

There were times where both Leadbitter and Smallwood had acres of space to run into and shoot, but they'd either dally and take 10 touches before going backwards or launching it.

Butterfield was your star man last week, and fair do's if he played in that same position. I suppose having watched him play so successfully in the hole for us, I found it a bit strange to see him where he was, with three opponents within his zone.

As for your comment regards our number 11 (David Perkins) it's quite funny actually, because EVERY opposition message board/forum picks him out as our standout player and I can understand that because he's often brilliant. But this season he's been very ordinary and yesterday had a poor game for his standards.

Be interested in what you thought of O'Grady?

Thanks Whitey. I was sat in the East stand along with yous lot.

I was surprised the the "Ulster Pele" was allowed to get to the shooting point. There were several guys who did not do their jobs to allow him there. There are days when some guys do something extraordinary. It was his day on Saturday. Up to that point he'd been poor bordering on useless and arguing with team-mates etc. .......... almost a liability

we weren't great but the Pole had missed two guilt edged opportunities. You were lucky to be level it could have been 0-2.

To that point we'd looked the better team, not that either side deserved that description.

The second goal was a total fluke. Steele had no chance to save and the penalty...... if the keeper saves its unusual.

The guys around me were over the moon part in joy and part in disbelief.

I think Mowbray made the right call at half time and binned Butterfield and Whitehead. Neither had been effective. The replacements Smallwood and Emnes were light years better than the guys they replaced.

I have sympathy with the guys who were replaced. I once played a game where I could not do a thing right - It wasn't that I wasn't trying. I was but everything I did turned to "ratchit"

The Boro faithful think Emnes is poor. Technically he is the best we've got. (Only Leadbitter gets close) He had a poor season last year. This year he has turned it round but some of the lads are still watching last year.

The longer it went on the better the Boro got and once Carayol arrived it was one way traffic.

The guys around me were starting to worry when the first one went in and there after to the final whistle were "bricking it". I'd almost be prepared to say that the Boro deserved a point if not all three and the guys around me were thinking that might be possible.

Let me say I like coming to Barnsley FC. The parking is cracking, easy and plentiful. The beer is probably the best I'll get in a football ground all season and the pies are definitely the best in the country. That Chicken Balti is magic !

Good luck Barnsley but lets hope neither of us need it

Paddy was ill before the game apparently. He wasn't arguing with his team mates, he was telling them he was sick. He threw up before and after he scored the goal.

But yes, up to that goal he was very poor and gave the ball away three times.

I definitely agree that at 3-2 I feared the worst and wouldn't have been shocked had you scored two more, because that's our weakness and why we were bottom - we cave in, can't defend the box at key moments.

Even at halftime, I wasn't happy. I wasn't buzzing about being 3-0 up. I was fearing a comeback. That's the Barnsley way unfortunately. But not yesterday, fortunately..

'Ulster Pele'?? i'm sure no one calls him that.

Paddy is one of the most naturally gifted players you are likely to watch on the playing field. He was a hero at Derry, Celtic and i'm sure he will be the same at Barnsley.

I wish boro would have signed him during the summer!

If you look at the match report, it's barely in English, looks like it was written by a 12 year old.

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/match-reports/barnsley-vs-middlesbrough-match-report-6203707

"Boro missed a strong of sitter and leaked three poor goals in devastating first half as poor defending, a wicked deflection and a penalty conspited to leave them in a tail--spin."

"Boro had a good spell of possession with some crips passing in the Barnsley half but the hosts but threatened on eight minutes as a quick throw on the right sent McCourt streaking forward but Gibson tracked him to the edge of the box then snaked out a foot from behind to hook the ball away."

I think the bad form is finally getting to Vickers!

If you look at the match report, it's barely in English, looks like it was written by a 12 year old.

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/match-reports/barnsley-vs-middlesbrough-match-report-6203707

"Boro missed a strong of sitter and leaked three poor goals in devastating first half as poor defending, a wicked deflection and a penalty conspited to leave them in a tail--spin."

"Boro had a good spell of possession with some crips passing in the Barnsley half but the hosts but threatened on eight minutes as a quick throw on the right sent McCourt streaking forward but Gibson tracked him to the edge of the box then snaked out a foot from behind to hook the ball away."

I think the bad form is finally getting to Vickers!

Just read that, it is riddled with typos in almost every sentence. Shocking, does nobody check it before publishing.

More like Albert upped his game when he got switched to his natual right side of the field.

Ah you're spoiling a good story of Mogga's motivational skills there. Actually playing somebody in their preferred position doesn't come into it...

Just watched the highlights as I was there and didn't notice how poor whitehead was for the 2nd goal there is no way the player should of got the ball in front of him. I am just wondering how many of our goals that's we have conceded have been down to him and Williams. Looking back there is a hell of a lot. He offers nothing going forward and he is a liability defending the back I hope the new manager sees this. The 1st goal pathetic the players have let the fans and Mogga down massively they need to take a long hard look at themselves