oneBoro Forum

U18,s Trainings game Carlisle 3 v 5 Mfc U18

On Tuesday 15th October the U18,s played and defeated Carlisle 3 v 5 , behind closed doors. Is there anyone out there who managed anywayto see the game !.... I,m curiouse about how my son William Angus played at right back. William is danish/english of origin and he came over from Denmark for a weeks training last week (his 2nd time this year). He played the full 90minuts and was quiet satisfied with his own contribution adding though he couldnt do anything about an overlap when a midfielder failed to get back to support the defence to stop a cross for one of Carlises,goals. Does anyone out there have more infomation, generally about the team and about his performance !

the line up

Fryer, triallist, McGinley, McNab, Elsdon, Wheatley, Griffiths, S O'Neill, Jowers, McAloon, Armstrong.

Subs were Fry, McCarthy and Kitching for Elsdon, Jowers and McAloon

I was informed the trialist that started didn't play all 90 he was replaced by another trialist?

Also was informed it was 4-3 not 5-3.

Goals from Fry, Griffiths, Armstrong and McAloon

As far as I,m aware my son from Denmark William Angus was the only triallist this week, and played the full 90 minuts at right back in the 3 v 5 U18s Carlisle v Mfc ... Although we have been informed since by Ron Bone, that my son is in competition with 2 internationals for the right back position ? If they are already playing for the U18,s or new triallists I dont know ! .... unfortunatly my son William will not be going further ... He put up a good show, but is out of practice as a back after playing on the wings right and left for his club in Denmark for the last year. The good news for his younger brother Oliver Angus, is that Mfc are intrested in bringing him over next Summer 2014 in central midfield as nr 6 or nr 8 ... bitter - sweet for the Angus family !