• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Notice that Phelan isn't in the betting for the Palace job, does this mean he's destined for us? I personally think he'd be a decent choice, Fergie certainly thought a lot about him and he seems like someone who enjoys a laugh - bursting the balloon which frightened the life out of Ferguson - priceless, though he may have to burst a few more in our changing room to scare some of our lot into action!!. Would be nice MFC unveiled new boss before Friday's match.

Phelan is 8/1 with Coral, 20/1 with Paddy Power

Martin O'Neil has entered the betting for the Palace job now, too. Between 8 and 10/1.

Personally, I would not want Rösler managing our team. I simply dont like him. I have friends that has played for him, and some of the stories they tell. Big no from me! I cant see him having changed that much since he managed Viking. Played dull football too.

Unfortunately, the BBC, the guardian et al - don't really have any sources or credible information, especially when it comes to diddly little clubs outside of Manchester/London and therefore come up with any old ***e.

"Oh, look Pulis is out of work, he's bound to be favourite for some ugly unattractive northern club we know nothing about - but whose chairman denied any approach for him to the local press."

"Cooper? Oh, he played for the Boro didn't he?"

Honestly, they should have just printed my Paul Ince story quoting 'some bloke down the pub'...

Personally, I would not want Hodgson managing our team. I simply dont like him. I have friends that has played for him, and some of the stories they tell. Big no from me! I cant see him having changed that much since he managed Viking. Played dull football too.

Heh. I changed the name and your post still makes sense.

Not heard anything , but I'm sure I will before Friday nights KO .

Do you think Gibson has an actual list of names or has he got his eye on one manager like he did with Mowbray.

Would like any out of RDM, holloway or phelan. Also like mick mack but u doubt we would pay anyone compo. And I dont think I would want us to tbh.

At least we're not just getting the same old suspects names popping up (warnock, pulis, curbishley etc)

Stan James have suddenly added Billy Davies to our betting at 10/1... Getting silly now :dodgy:

Tahy've also shortened Jimmy Fllloyd down to 4/1... Stan james are idiots

To be honest these markets are so small that a single punter putting as little as £25 will shorten the odds.

What a twisted Holloway stat. So the majority of those games in the premiere league managing the favourites to go down, and then exclude the wins in the playoff for literally no reason other to skew the stats further.

The choice between Phelan and Holloway could well come down to whether each would be willing to work under a Director of Football.

Phelan will be very likely to do so as essentially he's unproven as a manager so should welcome some experience/support from a Director of Football, whereas Holloway is a experienced manager so must be used to having far more control that he would have as a Head Coach with a Director of Football working alongside him.