oneBoro Forum

The Boro Manager thread

If Boro win tomorrow (by a huge margin) and win the next few games then I'll have my faith in Mark Venus. If we lose/draw then we desperately need some reinforcements, anyone reckon we could appoint a manager before the game? I'd be happy with Phelan or RDM, we have got 34 games left and need to win at least 20 of them to get 70+ points.. It's possible.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't the Gazette quote Venus the other day saying that he had his own ideas and tactics and style of play but Mogga would ignore them when Venus put them to him. I'm not saying that I want Venus in charge. Far from it. But I think it wont be the same Boro under Mogga people are expecting.

If we get tired of him we can sing Righteous Brothers You've lost that lovin Phelan

Very very good and certainly the Boro faithfull will have a field day with new songs about MP

Far far better than Weve got Tony weve got Tony Tony Pulis :D

The Venus situation is interesting becuase we should assume that his ethics and ideas of football would mirror Mowbray therefore creating the dislike of him being appointed but what if it is not the case????

Do we find out or not do we give him time or not?

Glad it is not me making the decision

Hmm, i'd beg to differ Borodane. Kept a close eye on Wolves last season and they looked pretty poor under Solbakken. But in reality, even if he did just keep them up, it would've been a huge failure of a season. With their personnel and the money they'd spent, they should have at least been challenging for the Play Offs (sound familiar!? :P)

There's far better candidates out there than Solbakken.

But the problem wasn't Ståle though. It was some of the senior players in the squad who still had a connection with Mick. Ståle has a totally different tactical approach to Mick and those players simply refused to move on from Mick tactics. That created huge internal problems leaving the squad with massivly overpaid underperforming players like O'Hara, Henry etc.

The players doomed Ståle and the team went back to old tactics under Saunders. If they had been open minded and taken Ståles ideas in, I'm sure they would have come out on top. But maybe it was a case that too many "stars" of the Mick era wern't good enough to play anything but Mick rather negative tactics - which is completely different to Ståle who does not like long hoofball tactics, but want to keep the ball on the ground and win through possession and technique.

Anyway, that was completely off topic, so I'm sorry to everyone else.

Can we just get a new manager in;)

If we get tired of him we can sing Righteous Brothers You've lost that lovin Phelan

Very very good and certainly the Boro faithfull will have a field day with new songs about MP

Far far better than Weve got Tony weve got Tony Tony Pulis :D

The Venus situation is interesting becuase we should assume that his ethics and ideas of football would mirror Mowbray therefore creating the dislike of him being appointed but what if it is not the case????

Do we find out or not do we give him time or not?

Glad it is not me making the decision

I'd have Venus out after tomorrow's game personally. The club needs a fresh start for the team and the fans alike and in my opinion he would just be shadowed by the fact he was Moggas right hand man for so long.

Also.. ''When we get that Phelan, we''ll get tactical healing''?

Can see hours of fun making these up :D

Russell Slade???? :s

Bit of a risk, aye - but he's done / is doing a fantastic job at Leyton Orient. Got a win percentage of over 45% since 2010, I believe? Only lost a single game this season - matching Wolves & Posh blow-for-blow.

I'd rather have Russel Slade than Phil Parkinson, put it that way.

Going by the Woody/Rhys/Leadboots meeting with Gibson story, they're certainly two peas in a pod. I think the reason i'm so adverse to Venus is because I think (/want) there needs to be a huge shakes up off the field. New manager, new ideas, new backroom staff and a new set-up.

Wow Anthony Vickers says Boro will make the front and back page of the Gazette after interview with Gibson. Must be something MASSIVE!

God please not to announce the appointment of Sven:D