• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

As has been said before, Do not want Venus as permanent manager as it stands, the right performances and results may change my mind however and by removing Williams as captain and holding talks with every player shows he has made the right start, all we need now is the right result tonight.

Think it is clear that this is a temporary appointment judging by what SG has mentioned however if results and performances improve radically then that will open a can of worms as to why the previous regime carried on for as long as it did.

Yes I do believe that a clean sweep is needed however if Venus does show his worth and value then so be it. Boro fans maybe fickle at times but we do recognise and appreciate commitment and will support the man at the helm

Think it is clear that this is a temporary appointment judging by what SG has mentioned however if results and performances improve radically then that will open a can of worms as to why the previous regime carried on for as long as it did.

Yes I do believe that a clean sweep is needed however if Venus does show his worth and value then so be it. Boro fans maybe fickle at times but we do recognise and appreciate commitment and will support the man at the helm

Anyone see the press conference with Venus where he states that he believes Mowbray was the right man for the job and shouldn't have been sacked?

Obviously an honest man to still speak his mind when the comment itself could easily be construed as criticism of the chairman he is meant to impress if he wants the job.

I'm still wondering what went on behind the scenes to make TM think that Williams was a good choice for captain and for his assistant to instantly remove the captaincy and hand it to someone else in his first days as temp manager.

Is it a McClaren and Beckham type issue I'm the boss now I best make my mark, Or is it just a simple case that Venus like everyone else on this forum saw that Williams just was not a good captain.

This probably warrants a thread of its own but I would not have given Woodgate the captain's armband because his performances so far this season do not warrant it. But having said that he's probably the only natural leader we have in the entire squad. I think if a new manager comes in (most likely at the end of the season) Woodgate will not be a regular anymore and we'll have an entire new backline.

It's looking more and more likely that Gibson will appoint Venus on a temporary basis. Hopefully this is until he finds the right man to take over. I really hope Gibson doesn't appoint him on a full time basis as this will completely contradict his so called ambition for the club.

I'm still wondering what went on behind the scenes to make TM think that Williams was a good choice for captain and for his assistant to instantly remove the captaincy and hand it to someone else in his first days as temp manager.

Is it a McClaren and Beckham type issue I'm the boss now I best make my mark, Or is it just a simple case that Venus like everyone else on this forum saw that Williams just was not a good captain.

Or not even rating him as a player full stop?!

Venus certainly has my support for now. I can't argue with any of the decisions that he's made so far. But I think to stand any chance though he must win the next two games. That said, there are a few names brandished about who I think could come in and do a fantastic job. And, if I'm honest, it would be a little painful to see Venus get the nod ahead of them. But it would be harsh (perhaps foolish) to replace him if we do get some positive results/performances.

Conundrum! But kind of win-win.

When we've played 4-4-2 this season as we were chasing a game late on we've looked very good so I fully expect us to do well tonight and people will say Venus is a miracle worker. We will probably do well now that Mowbray has left as the players will have the "bounce" that comes with when a unpopular(a*** the players) manager leaves so it's not a 100% true reflection of his managerial ability. If we do appoint Venus after him winning a few games we would be rather naïve, especially when a proven Championship manager like Ian Holloway is available.