oneBoro Forum

The Boro Manager thread

The EG's bit on who is Karanka, with no mention of as Anthony Vickers said just a contact, is suggesting that he is in fact a serious candidate for the managers job. If he was just a contact and not in the running for the job then why wouldn't they just come out and say that plain and simple:

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/boros-next-manager-who-bookies-6253910

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

The EG's bit on who is Karanka, with no mention of as Anthony Vickers said just a contact, is suggesting that he is in fact a serious candidate for the managers job. If he was just a contact and not in the running for the job then why wouldn't they just come out and say that plain and simple:

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/boros-next-manager-who-bookies-6253910

I also think he's a serious candidate. In the interview the Gazette had with Gibson he reportedly said that he was looking at a number of young managers home and abroad. He apparently gave the Gazette a few names but they haven't revealed them. Karanka must be one of the names Gibson mentioned.

Oops, had a bit of a catastrophe while trying to move this interesting thread derailment over to the Blackburn match day thread, where it belongs. The discussion is easy to follow but I seem to have lost the poster details, somehow. Sorry.

Dont worry mate all the good comments are mine and all the crap ones are other peoples :P

I've not read much of this thread, but in my opinion this is how things will pan out:

1. Venus will get the job until the end of the season and we'll finish mid table.

2. Gibson will then have the pick of any managers currently out of job or managers that leave their current post between now and the end of the season.

3. Gibson gives Venus a fair crack of the whip but it wasnt to be and he didn't turn us around as hoped.

4. Gibson will approach and line up someone out of work to be installed at the end of the season.

Me too, I see Venus getting an initial response from the players for 10-15 or so games but then fade in time. Not too dissimilar to Di Canio's decent start at Sunderland before capitulation.

So you don't want to get promoted then CS......

I don't think there is any danger of us going down.

I'm sure Wolves fans said this same in October 2012... It's the Championship. I'd not rule anything out, personally. Promotion or relegation.

I read that as his agent trying to force some progress from us.

Snowblind - I take your point, Wolves nosedived worse than us, or maybe just earlier. Still, I'm confident we won't repeat their feat this season.

Venus doesn't excite, caretaker only.

Big changes, Director of Football and Overseas Manager.

Its very tempting to go for a new guy maybe even a foreigner. Some potential super coach that will sign us top quality players from abroad. Your imagination can go wild. But in reality we could end up with GS3. Sign loads of players that become the new jock invasion.

If venus gets 4 games at least we know what were getting. Be carefull what you wish for

Venus doesn't excite, caretaker only.

Big changes, Director of Football and Overseas Manager.

Its very tempting to go for a new guy maybe even a foreigner. Some potential super coach that will sign us top quality players from abroad. Your imagination can go wild. But in reality we could end up with GS3. Sign loads of players that become the new jock invasion.

If venus gets 4 games at least we know what were getting. Be carefull what you wish for

Yea but that's what the interview is for to find out what his plans are.