oneBoro Forum

Middlesbrough v Doncaster (H)

Yeah he had a few chances to slip a player through on goal but he couldn't manage it. Also his poor pass resulted in Leadbitter's early yellow card. I'm not fully convinced on a midfield 4 containing both him and Smallwood as their passing/vision is pretty limited which was clear on Friday despite all the positive from the performance.

It would be interesting whether people think Friend could do a decent job in left midfield(or at least off the bench when Carayol runs himself out of energy). Apparently at Exeter he used to be able to play there. He can cover a lot of ground, carry the ball, take people on and has had decent end product this season so on paper it's a possibility but obviously could be totally different in reality.

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Yeah he had a few chances to slip a player through on goal but he couldn't manage it. Also his poor pass resulted in Leadbitter's early yellow card. I'm not fully convinced on a midfield 4 containing both him and Smallwood as their passing/vision is pretty limited which was clear on Friday despite all the positive from the performance.

It would be interesting whether people think Friend could do a decent job in left midfield(or at least off the bench when Carayol runs himself out of energy). Apparently at Exeter he used to be able to play there. He can cover a lot of ground, carry the ball, take people on and has had decent end product this season so on paper it's a possibility but obviously could be totally different in reality.

nah, we've a lot of players to fit that role naturally rather than a makeshift mards. Williams, Halliday, Reach would all play in front of friend in my view.