Boro v Blackburn (A)

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Clean sheet and I'll be happy. Lineup? To be honest I would keep it the same, we played on the break to great affect in the last game. The only one I would consider would be butterfield in fore Carayol

I'd probably keep the same starting 11 and bring butterfield off the bench for leadbitter if we need a change up, ie we're losing

I think it is fare to say that i am looking forward to this game and not because of rose tinted glasses but due to the fact that I really do not know how we will approach the game. We are due an away win so will go for that but also a draw...depending on circumstances ie not being 2 up etc will be acceptable.

This game is not a forgone conclusion by any shakes now we can win this one

Oh well done Weasel good opening post though I wish you would use Boro instead

Great opening post, love the images :D

Can't wait for this one. Despite doing most away games I've always managed to somehow not be able to make Blackburn, so it's a new away ground for me.

Blackburn are consistently up and down so it's wide open for me. We always score, apart from QPR, so think we'll definitely get atleast 1. I'd keep the same team as last Friday and give it a right good go.

Optimistic for this. 2-1 win. UTB.

I wouldn't fancy playing the same way against Balckburn as we did against Doncaster. We were very light against Doncaster in midfield and i could see us easily becoming over run with four passengers up the top end of the pitch stood with their hands on their hips. Having said that not one of those four can be dropped based on their last performance. I'm going to leave this one to Venus...good luck!

Red and White stripes on a Boro badge?

*Spit*

If we win then the next match thread will have 6 shoops, then the one after will have 8 etc.

Please win.

You don't mind if I nick 'Fc borolona do you? It's brilliant :P

For the price of one karma.

Just kidding, go ahead :cool:

I can see MV doing a pretty astute piece of tactical gambling on this one, same team with a 4-4-2 being deployed while defending - Smallwood and Ledbitter dropping in to cover the back four and Emnes providing the link up from midfield to Kamara up front. Tight game though going to say 1-0 "us" and let's start from the back, keeping it tight and play them on the break going forward. UTB!

I wouldn't fancy playing the same way against Balckburn as we did against Doncaster. We were very light against Doncaster in midfield and i could see us easily becoming over run with four passengers up the top end of the pitch stood with their hands on their hips. Having said that not one of those four can be dropped based on their last performance. I'm going to leave this one to Venus...good luck!

Red and White stripes on a Boro badge?

*Spit*

The attacking quartet play well, Carayol included but every time I have seen him, he doesn't seem to have the legs for the full 90mins esp when he is sprinting every couple of minutes. I reckon it will be more effective introducing him at e.g. half time when Blackburn players are a little more worn out and start Butterfield for the first half.

Brilliant thread. And same sentiments from me regarding the badge. Superb :D

Anyway, it's imperative that we start the same team and system in my opinion. It worked wonders in the last game, has enough defensively to potentially cope with Blackburn (though Rhodes could clearly be the thorn) and there's bags of pace, energy and quality to play on the break. The only change I'd be content with (injuries permitting) would be one of the CMs (Smallwood being the more likely unlucky victim this time round, albeit thoroughly undeserved) being replaced by a more defensive midfielder (Varga being the best shout). But I'm not even sure I'd want that change, for various reasons.

2-2.

I was thinking about the win over Donny. It's a long time since we did it before. I've a feeling that it was back in the 60s when we had our one season in the third division and won 4-0 away (presumably the old Belle Vue ground) I do realise we had another one in the 80s

That in itself is not significant other that it was the watershed of that season. We'd had an indifferent start to life in a lower division and were not doing well. Then we realised it was not impossible and the strength and belief of the side grew.

Was that the year we had two strikers over 29 goals O' Rourke and Horsefield ?

Am I dreaming that this is our watershed or have I been at the gin and am talking rubbish. I'm actually nervous and am going to Man City instead of Blackburn on Saturday to see the other half of the football world. In part this is due to it being even cheaper than Blackburn as its a spare ticket

Our team really should suit counter attacking football away from home, I'm looking forward to seeing how MV approaches this one. Cheap tickets and a relatively short journey should ensure a healthy following too.

UTB

I was thinking about the win over Donny. It's a long time since we did it before. I've a feeling that it was back in the 60s when we had our one season in the third division and won 4-0 away (presumably the old Belle Vue ground) I do realise we had another one in the 80s

That in itself is not significant other that it was the watershed of that season. We'd had an indifferent start to life in a lower division and were not doing well. Then we realised it was not impossible and the strength and belief of the side grew.

Was that the year we had two strikers over 29 goals O' Rourke and Horsefield ?

Geoff Horsfield? He's even older than I thought!!!! :)