oneBoro Forum

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

This game has draw written all over it. I still don't think we can go into a match and expect a clean sheet and we are hardly prolific in front of goal. 1-1 with Emnes putting us in front, but Watford to come back strongly in the second half after we hand over the initiative to them.

Not buying that 'we're hardly prolific infront of goal' - we've only failed to score in two games this season, only 4 teams have scored more than us, and in our last two home games we've scored 8 goals. If there's one thing I'm not worried about, it's our ability to score goals!

Hope Venus just goes with the same team as against Donny. We're at home and it's got to be on us to try and force things. Watford not in the best form themselves and have just been smashed comfortably at home. It's a banker for the 'both to score' coupons, so hopefully we'll just nick a high scoring game.

If we are to get anything from this game we need to set up to counter balance Watfords lineup. They pack the midfield and use wing backs. For me, we need to bring in Butterfield with Smallwood and Leadbitter as a centre mid 3. Butterfield as the more advanced. With Adomah and Carayol on each flank, their pace will nullify the threat of the Watford wing backs. With Kamara up top. We also need the back 4 that played against Donny for stability.

I still want wingers on the wing.

I still want 2 forwards.

I'm not asking for much in my opinion.

I want to see juke get a run of games, but would settle for kam and emnes up front.

Steele

Friend woody Ayala Williams

Carayol butterface leadboots Albert

Emnes kammy

Main and juke on bench to swap if required.

I don't agree CBB. I'm sick of us setting up to counter the opposition and not winning. Lets just pick the 4-4-2 from the Doncaster match and go at them. Watford are nothing flash and are not exactly on top form. Also, why play a system that has been a total failure for us all season.

I'm happy with Boroboys team though it seems to have all the wide players on the opposite sides.

It is a kind of nothing to lose situation for Venus imo and it should be a good game of football. Of course the result matters at the end of the day so if he is going after this game then may as well go out fighting and being attacking. Same team or near as with the Doncaster game and if we can take the lead then I think we will go on to win

If we go 4-4-2 we will get overran in the middle, which will subsequently allow the likes of McGugan to have the ball in space 20 yards out.. We will lose. Im not a fan of 1 up top - especially at home. But in this case it is the most sensible solution.

Donny are a different side to Watford - who are pretty much set out to score goals.

Last time we played them though, I wasn't that impressed. They were very hard-working and tough to break down but without Vydra - who really was the only difference that day, I'm not sure we have anything to fear against them.

1-1 would be a good result but I have a sneaky feeling we'll lose this one. I think it might be one of those games where we end up having 16 shots on target and they end up scoring twice from about four shots throughout the game.

Venus has said there's a few niggly injuries that will need to be assessed ahead of tomorrow's game, let's hope they're not too serious.

Going to the game tomorrow and I'd like to see:

----------------Steele--------------

Williams---Ayala---Woodate---Gibson

Adomah-Leadbitter-Butterfield-Carayol

----------Emnes--Kamara------------

Wouldn't be apposed to Smallwood starting ahead of Butterfield either.

Love the OP :D

Id play the same 4-2-4 from doncaster. Have a crack at another out of form team.

Can see this being the game where watford end their poor streak though... we're good at doing that for teams.

Think this is one of those games where any result is equally likely. Watford's form has been generally decent but patchy. They score plenty of goals but concede a fair few too.

If Boro can get at them and put them under pressure, early on, we've every chance of getting a result. If we sit back and let them attack us, defeat is inevitable.

Season Record

WATFORD - W6 D4 L4 F25 A18 Pts22 Pos7th

BORO - W3 D6 L5 F23 A22 Pts15 Pos16th

Last 6 Matches

WATFORD - W L W L D L

BORO - L D W L W L

Just for a change, I'm not going to be making a prediction, as I honestly cannot decide how this one will turn out. Obviously hoping for the win, but won't be surprised at any result.