oneBoro Forum

Could he not have dove at the players feet instead of not doing anything? He jumped in the air the ball went along the floor!!

There is no way that Steele should be dropped.

However, IMO Woodgate and Williams need replacing (particularly Williams).

My ratings for the match:

Steele. 7.5. I don't know why he's getting the stick he is, he couldn't do anything about either goal and made a few good saves to keep us in it

Williams. 7.5. Looks to have settled into Rightback now, good going forwards, terrific vision for the back heel. And looks fairly solid defensively too.

Hines. 6. A passenger. Fairly poor in possession, didn't do anything wrong either.

Ayala. 8. He made one mistake during the full match, other than that, he was class. Took his goal well too.

Gibson. 6. He's not a left back, every Watford attack involved a long ball to their right winger.

Adomah. 8. He wasn't at his best, but at least he tried to make things happen. Took his goal superbly

Smallwood. 7. Anonymous for the most part, but broke up play fairly well and played a few decent passes

Leadbitter. 7.5. A few poor passes, his set pieces today were much improved, and got an assist too

Carayol. 7. Didn't do it today. He was doubled up on for the majority of the match, whenever he had the chance to run past a defender he took it though

Emnes. 7.5. His touch was impeccable, I can't remember him misplacing a pass. And he took on 3 defenders for our first goal. He disappeared a little in the second half.

Kamara 8. MOTM. He won every header, closed down well, worked hard, and if not for a fantastic save right at the end would have been on the scoresheet.

Overall, I think it was a poor performance, and we need a manager in ASAP, ideally this weekend. We were lucky to get a draw, but so were they, because on another day, we'd have got a penalty or not gifted them two ridiculous goals.

As for woodgate. I'm more than happy for him to come in and cover when we have injuries as he's an excellent defender, but we need a consistent back line, and he's too injury prone to be relied on

I owuld have given williams a 4, and that is because he got 2 extra points for his assist.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Could he not have dove at the players feet instead of not doing anything? He jumped in the air the ball went along the floor!!

Steele. 7.5. I don't know why he's getting the stick he is, he couldn't do anything about either goal and made a few good saves to keep us in it

Williams. 7.5. Looks to have settled into Rightback now, good going forwards, terrific vision for the back heel. And looks fairly solid defensively too.

Hines. 6. A passenger. Fairly poor in possession, didn't do anything wrong either.

Ayala. 8. He made one mistake during the full match, other than that, he was class. Took his goal well too.

Gibson. 6. He's not a left back, every Watford attack involved a long ball to their right winger.

Adomah. 8. He wasn't at his best, but at least he tried to make things happen. Took his goal superbly

Smallwood. 7. Anonymous for the most part, but broke up play fairly well and played a few decent passes

Leadbitter. 7.5. A few poor passes, his set pieces today were much improved, and got an assist too

Carayol. 7. Didn't do it today. He was doubled up on for the majority of the match, whenever he had the chance to run past a defender he took it though

Emnes. 7.5. His touch was impeccable, I can't remember him misplacing a pass. And he took on 3 defenders for our first goal. He disappeared a little in the second half.

Kamara 8. MOTM. He won every header, closed down well, worked hard, and if not for a fantastic save right at the end would have been on the scoresheet.

Overall, I think it was a poor performance, and we need a manager in ASAP, ideally this weekend. We were lucky to get a draw, but so were they, because on another day, we'd have got a penalty or not gifted them two ridiculous goals.

As for woodgate. I'm more than happy for him to come in and cover when we have injuries as he's an excellent defender, but we need a consistent back line, and he's too injury prone to be relied on

I owuld have given williams a 4, and that is because he got 2 extra points for his assist.

I agree he was partly at fault for the goal, just don't think he should be dropped because of it.

After re-reading this, think you should have replies to LukeR's post, not mine!!

After a few days thinking about the game, I think our biggest downfall was our play from the back.

Hines just hasn't got that extra bit of quality at CB that Woodgate and Williams both have, he hits a lot more long balls than he needs to and just doesn't seem composed. Although he'll obviously need a run of games to get up to speed.

Plus as much as I admire Gibbo's bravery, determination and leadership, he isn't the answer to our LB problem, something that needs to be addressed in either the loan market or January window.

Defence were slow to feed the midfield and the two CM's didn't feed the wingers enough, Carayol hardly touched the ball for 30 mins. The only outlet that was working was Rhys and Adomah down the right hand side.

What did Williams do wrong during the match? He got forward well, and all of watford's attacks came from a long ball inbetween the left back and the left sided centre back. Williams was solid defensively, and he also had little cover from adomah. If you were going to give him 4, what would you give the likes of Hines, who made no contribution to the game whatsoever?

What did Williams do wrong during the match? He got forward well, and all of watford's attacks came from a long ball inbetween the left back and the left sided centre back. Williams was solid defensively, and he also had little cover from adomah. If you were going to give him 4, what would you give the likes of Hines, who made no contribution to the game whatsoever?

I thought he lost the ball a few times and got caught out. The main thing that stands out for me was when they caught us on the break and Williams followed our other defender (prob Ayala)to the man with the ball and left their other striker completely free. They should have scored (or at least had a one-on-one) if the watford player had played an easy pass. Fortunately for us the watford player messed up. It was more his off the ball play that and positioning that I have an issue with. Just my opinion of course!

Yes, I wrote that before I saw the highlights, at the time, it looked like he did all he could. Looking back, he shouldn't have jumped for it, but as humpty says, nobody expects the keeper to save a 1 on 1. If he hadn't jumped, all deeney would have had to do was lift it over him, or go round him. If he had dived at deeney's feet. He also might have given away a penalty and been sent off. So we can all just sit here and say that if he'd have dived at his feet he'd have saved it, but the likelyhood is that it would have been a goal no matter what he did.

I thought he lost the ball a few times and got caught out. The main thing that stands out for me was when they caught us on the break and Williams followed our other defender (prob Ayala)to the man with the ball and left their other striker completely free. They should have scored (or at least had a one-on-one) if the watford player had played an easy pass. Fortunately for us the watford player messed up. It was more his off the ball play that and positioning that I have an issue with. Just my opinion of course!

It was Hines that tried to track across when they were counter attacking, not Ayala. I thought it was the centre back who shouldn't have left his man in the middle and let the fullback deal with it. So it's not entirely Williams' fault, it was a breakdown in communication. I agree he did lose the ball a few times, but no more than anyone else on the pitch. I'd also agree with you about the positioning, but having seen all of the games he's played at RB this season I can see a huge improvement from when he first moved there, so he's learning the position more and more every week.

It's ludicrous to suggest Steele was to blame for the 1st goal.

Did no one see the ball played from midfield with all the time in the world, straight through a gap in our defence Moses would've been proud of creating? Steele dived on the floor for the 2nd one on one and didn't save it. Should he have jumped then as well. As a goalkeeper all you can do in that situation is try and read it as best as you can. He read the lob and got it wrong.

If it was me in the changes I'd be screaming at our midfield and centre halves for allowing the situation to occur in the 1st place.

worrying thing was that they constantly were getting in behind our defence like that all game, if the balls through had been a bit better they would have scored a load