oneBoro Forum

Karanka the unknown quantity?

Ok though not confirmed it does seem that we now have our new Manager and think it is fair to say he is an unknown quantity at this time though a decent pedigree behind him in terms of previous positions.

How will he fit into the English Championship only time will tell but right here and right now will this appointment spark a real interest from Boro fans?

I am happy that this is "out of the box" in fact I think it is good for Boro that we have nothing to go on in terms of knowing how he will cope so hopefully we will all get behind him.

The benefits of this appointment should become noticeable later on in terms of players but appreciate that we take this day by day.

It would seem that he already knows full well what he has at his disposal and that can only be a good thing moving ahead.

Will this appointment bring back fans out of curiousities sake I believe it will and for me as mentioned I am happy with this announcement.

What about other members are you pleased with this news?

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am genuinely excited by the news. Think from Gibsons point of view, this is his biggest appointment/gamble since Robson.

Few decent players brought in, hopefully a few coaches and new ideas as well and it could all be very sweet.

Hoping the fans return to the riverside to go with it to, would be nice to announce a cheap deal for the next game as well to generate interest, might just give the place the lift it needs

Pochettino and Laudrup were unknown managerial quantities to English football before they were appointed. If someone is a great coach they should be able to adapt to any division whether it's La Liga, Premier League or the Championship.

Hopefully he can another one of Mourinho's successful apprentices like AVB, Rodgers and Clark.

I think it is a calculated risk by Gibson, he has been vocal of late about which direction he wants to take the club and this appointment fits perfectly into what he is trying to achieve.

It looks like he wants to buy into the modern approach a few of the more forward thinking clubs (Southampton) are using.

I for one, am very excited by this.

Goodbye plain old 4-4-2. hello 2-1-1-3-1-2, or some such foreign crazyness

Excellent move by Gibson.

I believe the coming in of Aitor Karanka will be like a breath of fresh air to the Riverside.

3yrs under the special one at Real should have taught him something in management .

Can't wait to see the changes may see some dodgy results till he settles in although under previous managers we have seen loads of them so no change there.

I'm excited about the possibilities around this appointment. With the ongoing links with Kenyon/Mendes/Athletico Madrid i think we should all be optimistic about the direction the club is taking.

Can Karanka and Mendes bring in fresh Spanish talent and have the team playing attractive football?? Time will tell.