oneBoro Forum

Karanka the unknown quantity?

It was just to clarify that atm I don't care about the performance as long as we get the points, climb the table and get us into promotion contention. After that we can think about how we want to entertain.

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Another quote I accidently missed out:

"Yes, we want it to be attractive, we want it to be all the things you want it to be but it’s very rare to get everything you want."

The way I read it he's not saying he wants to play ugly football just to get results(Pulis like). Just that sometimes he will have to compromise to get results. Mourinho in his first spell at Chelsea had that mentality where he wasn't afraid to mix things up to get results.

I have no problem whatsoever with what he said. Basically saying sometimes you can go for it & other times you may have to play with a bit more caution to get the job done depending on how the game is going. Which is how it should be IMO! And personally on the whole I never had a problem with Stevie Mac - I was pretty gutted when he left us.

Yeah it's what the best managers are able to do which aren't stubborn like Mowbray was this season not willing to sacrifice a bit of style for results when needed. I'm sure Karanka will be getting advice from Mourinho on how to adapt to English football so we can't go too far wrong with the special one on our side.

Great quote from Karanka in his pre match interview.

"The players are the best players because they are mine"

Love it, it's like when people ask me who I support and my answer is

"the best team in the world." :D

It's about sticking together and believing in what you've got. You could argue it is all a lie. But does the cold, hard truth do anybody any good in these situations when you're trying to get the best out of what you've got?

I personally got tired of hearing that the players aren't good enough and financial restrictions stop us from bringing in the players we want. That's not motivating for the players we've got.

Out with "it is what it is" and in with "it is what we make it"!

I always had the feeling there was tension between Mowbray and the players, he thought they wernt good enough and didn't try to hide it. Where as hopefully Karanka is going down the road of making them feel like the best in the world.