Ross McCormack, Sam Byram, Stephen Warnock, Alex Mowatt

Definatly out:

Scott Wooten

Table going into the game:

1_zps18192e35.png

Key Men:

Boro - Aitor Karanka

2_zpsd577d6ea.png

For the first time, I've picked a non player as the key man for Boro, for obvious reasons. We've stuttered and stalled so far this season and in the weeks before the international break it was clear we needed an answer and some direction, and we got it in the brilliant Spaniard. He's coached at the highest level, now it's time for him to prove that he can do it in the main seat. With still no backroom team in place, he will have his work cut out for him this week, and it will be very interesting how he approaches this game in terms of tactics and personel. It's a clean slate, a new beginning and an exciting time to be a Boro fan.

Leeds Utd - Ross McCormack

3_zpscc1ad356.png

Didn't want him anyway...

The man we chased and chased all summer only for him to sign a new mega bucks deal with Leeds has shown so far this season why we were so desperate to sign him. A creative force, a goal scoring machine (11 in 15 and current top goalscorer), he has all the tools to make it an uncomfortable afternoon for whichever duo lines up at the back for Boro. One things for sure, we need to worry about the ball going in off his chin.

Our probable Line up

PASS

Referee

To be Added

Recent results:

Boro

Boro 2 - 2 Watford

Blackburn 1 - 0 Boro

Boro 4 - 0 Doncaster

Barnsley 3 - 2 Boro

Boro 4 - 0 Yeovil

Leeds

Charlton 2 - 4 Leeds

Leeds 2 - 0 Yeovil

Huddersfield 3 - 2 Leeds

Leeds 4 - 0 Birmingham

Derby 3 - 1 Leeds

Official MFC Website Match Preview:

To be added

Last Time out:

Boro 1 - 0 Leeds

Scorer: Main, 81.

Middlesbrough: Steele; Parnaby, Woodgate (Halliday 66), Bikey, Friend, Haroun, R Williams (Capt), Leadbitter, McEachran (Miller 73), Carayol (Bailey, 87), Main. Subs: Leutwiler (gk); Smallwood, Ledesma, Jutkiewicz.

Leeds United: Kenny; Peltier (Capt), Lees, Warnock, Green (Diouf 84), Varney, Brown (Habibou 87), Norris (Austin 83), Byram, Morison, McCormack. Subs: Ashdown (gk); Pearce, White, Tonge.

Website Boro Man of the Match: Many good performances with Stuart Parnaby solidly reliable, Grant Leadbitter industrially efficient and Curtis Main never complaining as he was battered from pillar to post, but Andre Bikey gets the vote.

Main Talking Points:

> Which players will benefit from the addition of a new coach?

> Will we see something similar in terms of formation that we've seen this season or something completely new?

> What tactical differences do we think we'll notice?

> Will the lack of a backroom staff in place affect us?

> Scores?

[/align]

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

always get a feeling of dread about Leeds away. Saw far too many games where dirty Leeds cheated us out of games when I was younger and we nearly always ended up with just 10 on the pitch. I loath the ground , loath the crowd and totally loath "marching On Together" (surley the worst song for any team to walk out to ever!).

All that said I don't think Leeds are a great team and hopefully if the defence pulls their finger out and does their job I can see us grafting out a 0-0.

Just need another 24 hours for this to settle. I'll be fit for Boro 100%. And can't wait for it.

Ross McCormack

great :s

absolutely hate leeds with a passion, hope we stuff them. 3-0 boro

Still have a bad feeling that the squad will have some of their old lacklustre goalgiving mood in them, so I'm not expecting anything more than a hardearned point. I reckon we will have to score 2 goals to get a point, but my biggest concern is still the defense. Let's hope Karanka has done the business but I think this game will just come too soon.

Leeds have won already. As others have said it looks like karanka hasn't got himself organised yet and elland road is a very tough place to go at the best of times.

Kamara

Emnes butterfield adomah

Williams leadbitter

Gibson woodgate ayala parnaby

Steele

Right back will be the interesting part. Im almost certain that williams will move along leadbitter which leaves richardson, varga and parnaby fighting for the vacant spot. Just a feeling that parns will get the nod

3-1 leeds

Mcormack twice

Luke varney once

Leadbitter for us